Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
QuakerOatZ

The Walking Dead Season 6, binge watch yet?

13 posts in this topic

Yup, out on Netflix, anyone finish season 6 yet?  Yeah I only watch to see what happens next.  WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!

Took a mere 4 days to cover 16 episodes and all I can say is wow, second favorite season next to the untouchable season 3 with THE GOVERNOR

I'm so ready for the new season!!

Which character do you think falls victim to Lucille??

I heard Michionne falls victim to Lucille which then sends Darryl into a deep, dark tailspin...as if he he isn't deep and dark enough as it is. October 23rd is when Walking Dead returns and can't get her quick enough

20 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I heard Michionne falls victim to Lucille which then sends Darryl into a deep, dark tailspin...as if he he isn't deep and dark enough as it is. October 23rd is when Walking Dead returns and can't get her quick enough

Really? Where from? I suppose anything is possible but that would be pretty gutsy of the producers to have a black woman get her brains bashed out by a white guy with a baseball bat. Especially with all the shit going on in news now. I could be wrong. In the comic it was Glen and Abraham is supposed to be dead already. Daryl is not even in the original story, but his fan following is huge. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm a Huge Game Of Thrones fan myself but understand the appeal of Walking Dead since my teenagers can't get enough of it.

Winter is Here!! 

1 hour ago, Vassago said:

Really? Where from? I suppose anything is possible but that would be pretty gutsy of the producers to have a black woman get her brains bashed out by a white guy with a baseball bat. Especially with all the shit going on in news now. I could be wrong. In the comic it was Glen and Abraham is supposed to be dead already. Daryl is not even in the original story, but his fan following is huge. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I saw it on the internet last week...don't remember where.  In all reality, I didn't even look at that as a white guy bashing out the brains of a black woman.  I don't look at things that way.   If I have offended anyone, I APOLOGIZE.

I saw it on the internet last week...don't remember where.  In all reality, I didn't even look at that as a white guy bashing out the brains of a black woman.  I don't look at things that way.   If I have offended anyone, I APOLOGIZE.

5 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

This post is so epic it needed to be read twice

7 hours ago, Vassago said:

Ash Vs Evil Dead, big dopey Caucasian Ash murdered a black female cop. I mean she was a Deadite and needed to die. Diversity in film and TV means that black people are going to be murdered zombies sometimes.

On 10/6/2016 at 4:23 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

Ash Vs Evil Dead, big dopey Caucasian Ash murdered a black female cop. I mean she was a Deadite and needed to die. Diversity in film and TV means that black people are going to be murdered zombies sometimes.

This is true, but after reading the comics I have noticed at least 2 blatant white on black offenses in the comic that were avoided in the show. 

1. Tyrese gets decapitated by the Governor not Hershel.

2. Michonne gets raped and tortured by the Govenor repeatedly over an agonizing several pages. It isn't a white woman falling in love with the wrong man situation like in the show.

Lastly I don't think any of the black heroes in the show get killed by other people. They all get bitten. Bob gets his legs eaten but that wasn't what killed him.

Somehow the image of one of the leading characters, a black woman, kneeling in submission while a white guy with a bat beats her brains out seems a bit over the top even for these producers considering there is no reason to kill this character off. She also plays an important role later on. So I could see fans getting a bit pissed off for it. Daryl, Abraham, and Glen: different story.

Edited by Vassago
Typo

This is true, but after reading the comics I have noticed at least 2 blatant white on black offenses in the comic that were avoided in the show. 

1. Tyrese gets decapitated by the Governor not Hershel.

2. Michonne gets raped and tortured by the Govenor repeatedly over an agonizing several pages. It isn't a white woman falling in love with the wrong man situation like in the show.

Lastly I don't think any of the black heroes in the show get killed by other people. They all get bitten. Bob gets his legs eaten but that wasn't what killed him.

Somehow the image of one of the leading characters, a black woman, kneeling in submission while a white guy with a bat beats her brains out seems a bit over the top even for these producers considering there is no reason to kill this character off. She also plays an important role later on. So I could see fans getting a bit pissed off for it. Daryl, Abraham, and Glen: different story.

I don't watch or read The Walking Dead so I don't know specifics but it sounds like maybe you mean that maybe it is more offensive on TV given the source material? Have they been true to the source material so far?

It's an overwhelmingly popular show and I can't say that I've hear anyone mention anything about insensitivity. But I do know the feeling when something is changed for a TV show or movie and not for the better and seemingly needlessly. In the movie Everest that came out last year, they tried to imply that Jon Krakauer was paid by Rob Hall to climb Everest. Not quite the racial element but it did feel like slander against a real person and a completely useless plot element.