Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sb602

Hello Everyone

7 posts in this topic

hey everyone,

I was hoping to get some tips on where there is a good lake or place to go water tubing? I'm not from here so the places I have been told about are like man made ponds... Not really looking for that... Any tips would be great.. Thanks a bunch

I am not a fan of stagnant water... Yuck! Can we say bacteria haven lol? Maybe the lakes are way different here in Colorado though.

But...

If you want a lake: Click Here and Click Here

I also see a lot of people here in Boulder Creek with kayaks in the water. Looks like a ton of fun! Might be an alternative option for you ;-)

Edited by Scarlett Dayne

On the West side there's Bear Creek Lake park and South West it's Chatfield reservoir.

http://www.lakewood.org/bclp/  

http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/Chatfield

As to tubing on a creek, the spring runoff is flowing fast and heavy.

Last week, Clear creek was closed to tubing. I haven't heard about Bear Creek from Evergreen to Morrison.

The High Line canal used to flow from Chatfield to  North of 52nd Ave. East of the old Stapleton airport.

There were some hellacious tubing parties, but the rebuilding of S. I-25 screwed that up.

The cities near Littleton/Englewood are redeveloping the South Platte for tubing/kayaking/swimming also....

I think mostly south of Evans...  but the enhancements may go north of there also

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:19 PM, sb602 said:

hey everyone,

I was hoping to get some tips on where there is a good lake or place to go water tubing? I'm not from here so the places I have been told about are like man made ponds... Not really looking for that... Any tips would be great.. Thanks a bunch

I can't tell if you are talking about riding on a tube behind a powerboat or a tube down a river, so here are ideas for both.  I have placed a premium on being only in very pure, very clean Colorado snowmelt water (i.e., no bacterium):

Lake - Sorry lady, nearly all of the lakes in Colorado are man-made ponds.  You can tow a tube behind a powerboat on Lake Grandby and have a great time in very clean, very pure, very cold pristine Colorado snowmelt.  Take a wetsuit.  Be ready for waves.

River - My favorite spot is to go to a town called "Deckers" (GoogleMap it).  Great drive.  Anyway, once you are in Deckers, have an ice-cream and then proceed up the South Platte River towards Cheesman Dam.  You can't go much further than a couple of miles, but there are a couple of great campground "jump ins."  If you like camping, these campgrounds are great.  Then you float down the South Platte River as far as you want.  It is sorta white water until you get back down to Deckers, so if you don't like rapids, you can just jump in in Deckers and float down from there.  Fishermen will hate you and scowl at you as you go by because this is also premier fishing, but the river is for everyone, so just smile and wave.  You probably won't have this issue, being a girl and all, they will probably smile (I am usually one of those fishermen, so I know of what I speak).  I love this part of Colorado because it is so "Old Colorado" and relatively unknown to newcomers.  It is spectacular scenery and nature, blue ribbon fishing, and lots of low income folks go camping up here just to have an affordable, fun, weekend, so it is really just us regular Colorado folks all out drinking beer, throwing Frisbees, playing with the dog, having fun (as opposed to the overprivileged tourists in Vail, Aspen, etc.) .

Deckers has everything necessary to maintain civilization, and no more.  It consists of one building housing: A nice little restaurant that serves hamburgers and pie-a-la-mode, a liquor store, a general store, and a fly shop.

oh thank you so much... this info was great!!!

17 hours ago, Badboy said:

Fishermen will hate you and scowl at you as you go by because this is also premier fishing, but the river is for everyone, so just smile and wave.  You probably won't have this issue, being a girl and all, they will probably smile (I am usually one of those fishermen, so I know of what I speak). 

If Stacy goes floating by, you're gonna wanna hook her (pun intended) and reel her in. Catch and release be damned. :cool: