Providers deciding to text out of the clear blue!

42 posts in this topic

Just now, MrBigShot said:

You've just made the case for a hobby/burner phone if you're a man and want to participate in this biz at all. Get a burner phone. Keep it in a secure location, preferably away from your SO, turn it on and off at your discretion since a hobby phone doesn't need to be on 24/7...only when you want to hobby. It won't matter who sends you a message or when the message arrives because you control when you turn it on/off.

I've definitely gotten wiser in how I conduct biz. I use burner apps carry one phone, could you imagine a SO possibly finding a second phone she never knew about. Turn app on, good to go, all done, turn app off.  But let me pose this question to you, what can you do in an instance that a provider ask for verification, or screening? I do everything I can possible to make sure we know as little about eachother as possible. Screening seems to contradict that very principle. 

4 hours ago, BadLeroyBrown said:

I understand ideally from the providers standpoint why it would be advantageous to send these text, because it solicits business from someone you've already cleared/verified once before, but ultimately the entire reason most men seek providers essentially is because of their need for discretion, and lack of residual issues stemming from the contact. I really do not think it is ever in good taste to send these text. Truth be told if they wanted to see the provider again they would locate them again, just as they had done initially. No, after the fact text are needed... ever. One of those world oldest profession "unwritten rules".

I believe you are making several assumptions that do not apply to all cases.  First, there are some ladies that travel a lot and come through town on what appears to be an unpredictable schedule.  If I want to see one again how much better it is to get a text at least a couple days ahead "hey, I will be in town in XX days, hope to see you" than to look through her preferred ad venue every day hoping maybe just maybe she is going to post.  I like to plan ahead - I know, many don't, I do - if she DOESN'T text me ahead and doesn't post till the day before she hits town, chances are I will either have already scheduled with someone else or perhaps have made other non-hobby plans (or am broke ;)) So finding them "the same way I did originally" just does not work well.

Secondly, you appear to assume everyone not only has an SO but that their SO is unaware of their activities and would pop a cork if they found out, AND they snoop through their guys phone.  NONE of that applies to me, thank you very much.  If all that does apply to you then if you are using a phone and internet account that the little woman has access to and she is the suspicious type then I am sorry but you are an idiot.  And an idiot that is leaving the providers open to lovely "so why are you screwing my man, bitch?" phone calls from your "honey." Being such i believe it is incumbent upon YOU to tell providers NOT to call or text you, and/or take other steps to be discreet on YOUR end - it works both ways and is important both client and provider exercise common sense and discretion..

8 minutes ago, BadLeroyBrown said:

I've definitely gotten wiser in how I conduct biz. I use burner apps carry one phone, could you imagine a SO possibly finding a second phone she never knew about. Turn app on, good to go, all done, turn app off.  But let me pose this question to you, what can you do in an instance that a provider ask for verification, or screening? I do everything I can possible to make sure we know as little about eachother as possible. Screening seems to contradict that very principle. 

I am puzzled.  Please excuse the confusion and the question - but if you participated for quite some time as you indicated and posted reviews, etc. why do you have so many questions that sound exactly like a complete newbie??  Just asking.  And if you have been paying any attention to the board at all over the last couple months you should know the screening question has been beaten into the ground to near the depth of China with considerable fall out of late - so why are you playing naive and bringing it up?  And no, I am not being mean to a newbie - cause you aren't, correct?  And just asking what I find myself wondering with most of your posts.

11 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

I am puzzled.  Please excuse the confusion and the question - but if you participated for quite some time as you indicated and posted reviews, etc. why do you have so many questions that sound exactly like a complete newbie??  Just asking.  And if you have been paying any attention to the board at all over the last couple months you should know the screening question has been beaten into the ground to near the depth of China with considerable fall out of late - so why are you playing naive and bringing it up?  And no, I am not being mean to a newbie - cause you aren't, correct?  And just asking what I find myself wondering with most of your posts.

I haven't been on the boards for some years, as I stated in one of my other postings, I was using the reviews portion, but left the boards alone. Recently decided to entertain the idea of the boards again. Some of us haven't seen every conversation had on this board for the last 8+ years, I'm sure I fall into that category. To be honest the majority of my familiarity with personas from this board is through their reviews, and not necessarily through their writings on this board.

I wanted to add that I believe the reviews portion of TOB is by far probably the most useful and relevant portion of this site to any hobbyist, although there are very unique opportunities for the exchange of useful and beneficial information between peers.

Edited by BadLeroyBrown

23 minutes ago, BadLeroyBrown said:

You are right. Screening, and anonymity, are not compatible. Thus, dozens of threads about both (with lots of disagreement). The "right", or "wrong", regarding this, are dictated by your own personal comfort, and choices. Not by Boink, Lucy, Nikki, or me.

Complaining, about girls texting you, is pointless. It's gonna happen. Some guys even ask for it! ;)

1 minute ago, pfunk said:

. Some guys even ask for it! ;)

So I'm learning.... 😏

On 4/25/2016 at 1:08 PM, daaacz said:

If a provider remembers me well enough to contact me, I will be a happy man.

...wishing I had your problems...

I think it's more like they have a burner phone, and all the numbers saved in it are associated with the business she conducts. Therefore she hits an area and just sends a mass text bro. Nothing special, or specific to you... 

Gr8owl I'm assuming that negative rep'ing is the keyboard equivalent to throwing a haymaker, right?? Have a good night bud! 

15 minutes ago, BadLeroyBrown said:

Gr8owl I'm assuming that negative rep'ing is the keyboard equivalent to throwing a haymaker, right?? Have a good night bud! 

No.  It was calling you on a purely evasive answer to a direct question.  Bud??  Sure.  Couple more chaffing and trolling remarks and we will be BFF's.  Bennie Snake Eyes, eh? No comment. :rolleyes:

Really beginning to like these buttons 😆😆😆⬆⬇↖↙↗

Gr8owl, awesome name by the way. We should make up, I really need you to remove yourself from your feelings though. I just can't understand why anything I've said thus far (aside from the chafing remark) has just gotten your panties in such a bunch bro. This is supposed to be fellowship, right?

Edited by BadLeroyBrown
Change of heart

15 hours ago, pfunk said:

Complaining, about girls texting you, is pointless. It's gonna happen. Some guys even ask for it! ;)

I say text away if I've seen the YL previously. However, it hasn't happened to me yet and the YL's I've met have all been professional and only text after I've sent a message to them...usually trying to set up our next session.

15 hours ago, pfunk said:

You are right. Screening, and anonymity, are not compatible. Thus, dozens of threads about both (with lots of disagreement). The "right", or "wrong", regarding this, are dictated by your own personal comfort, and choices. Not by Boink, Lucy, Nikki, or me.

Why you gotta name names??? :P