scraps

introducing myself

17 posts in this topic

Hi folks-

I didn't see an into thread, in case I missed it. I'm from Michigan but will be skiing Breckenridge end of February, beginning of March. I'm hoping to have a couple extra-curricular nights, and after a little research, this board appears to be a great resource! My dilemma is no references from Colorado, all mine are from Michigan, and Utah, and  AHB went away so there goes those few Utah ones. So I'll be doing my best anyways, and thought I should at least type something to give myself some credibility. Have a great day, I'm jealous of your beautiful state!

51 minutes ago, scraps said:

Hi folks-

I didn't see an into thread, in case I missed it. I'm from Michigan but will be skiing Breckenridge end of February, beginning of March. I'm hoping to have a couple extra-curricular nights, and after a little research, this board appears to be a great resource! My dilemma is no references from Colorado, all mine are from Michigan, and Utah, and  AHB went away so there goes those few Utah ones. So I'll be doing my best anyways, and thought I should at least type something to give myself some credibility. Have a great day, I'm jealous of your beautiful state!

This is where a P411 account comes in handy so you don't have to be 'handy'. 😜

Go find your own AMP with extras. I won't reveal them!  Oh wait, I guess I'm just so used to writing the same response to one-posters that I barely realized that youdid not ask for any sensitive intel.  My apologies.  Welcome and good luck. 

6 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

This is where a P411 account comes in handy so you don't have to be 'handy'. 😜

Maybe I have to do the P411...in Michigan there's enough board activity it wasn't needed, but I guess that's irrelevant huh! Seems like I remember not liking P411 because they either wanted money or personal info, I'll do the research! This whole reply is actually irrelevant, but at least I have 2 posts now! Thanks for the reply.

Welcome, just those references from these states and get a p411 account. Then you already have oks

Edited by Nikki Holiday

53 minutes ago, scraps said:

Maybe I have to do the P411...in Michigan there's enough board activity it wasn't needed, but I guess that's irrelevant huh! Seems like I remember not liking P411 because they either wanted money or personal info, I'll do the research! This whole reply is actually irrelevant, but at least I have 2 posts now! Thanks for the reply.

I did not find my reply "irrelevant" to your stated problem of lacking local references. I travel - a lot, and have found my P411 membership a great help. As I recall, P411 does offer trial memberships and if two of your MI references happen to be P411 members you're in good shape. 

Welcome to TOB. 

15 hours ago, scraps said:

Not only is the thread above a very informative read it will tell you how to get 6 months free on P411 without any personal information. 

4 hours ago, boink36 said:

Not only is the thread above a very informative read it will tell you how to get 6 months free on P411 without any personal information. 

Wow, great read you are right. I learned more in15 minutes that I would have in days of digging

ok, sorry, tried to fix a typo and not sure what happened but some garbled message got sent

Hi Scraps!  I'm [Snip} . Going to see the Red Wings beat the Avalanche @ Coors Field :)

As a fellow (former) Michigander I can vouch for Scraps.  Even though we haven't actually met he's been a hobbyist for years and is a good guy.

You are very beautiful. Welcome to TOB. Have fun. 

On 2/6/2016 at 8:33 PM, Nikki Holiday said:

You are very beautiful. Welcome to TOB. Have fun. 

Thank you very kindly!  As are you :)

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:32 PM, Kimy said:

Hi Scraps!  I'm [Snip} . Going to see the Red Wings beat the Avalanche @ Coors Field :)

As a fellow (former) Michigander I can vouch for Scraps.  Even though we haven't actually met he's been a hobbyist for years and is a good guy.

Why thank you Kimy!! You are one smart chickie, you know no guy can resist flattery!

3 hours ago, scraps said:

Why thank you Kimy!! You are one smart chickie, you know no guy can resist flattery!

The fact that she is outrageously hot has nothing to do with it. :D

Thank you kindly Scraps and Boink!  Scraps, have you found your Colorado lady yet?

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Thank you kindly Scraps and Boink!  Scraps, have you found your Colorado lady yet?

Kimy... Just so you know, most of us don't give a crap about scraps, we just want to know when you will bring your ex-Michigan beautiful self here!

Sorry scraps, but we really don't care! :D