geecue2

800,000,000 498,000,00 cash, what would you do

39 posts in this topic

I knew it as of right now 1.5 BILLION dollar estimate, for those of you that don't play ,when in your lifetime are you going to have a chance to win 1.5 billion dollars, yes the odds are not in your favor but 1 in 292,000,000 is always better then 0 in 292,000,000. 

31 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

when in your lifetime are you going to have a chance to win 1.5 billion dollars, 

Yeah, a billion here, a billion there; pretty soon you're talking about some real money.

I would hobby a lot more but other then that I really don't know. I played but I really wouldn't want to win. It seems like it would be too stressful and more work with all the lawyers, accounts, and financial planners. I want a simpler life and I don't think that would happen with that much money.

19 hours ago, mj76 said:

Lawyers, accounts, and financial planners. I want a simpler life and I don't think that would happen with that much money.

With all that money, with the extra baggage that comes with it, would make a much simpler life. 

Damn!  What a surprise, I didn't win... Guess that means you people will have to put up with me a while longer!!!

On 1/8/2016 at 1:07 PM, bd5671 said:

800 million US dollars over a 30 year payout minus 40% a year paid to UncleSam and Mr. (I refuse to call him Governor) Hoopylooper is $26,666,666.66 a year - 40% taxes = $15,999,999.99 a year. Could you possible spend, give away, donate, invest, endow all that money in one year? 30 years of guaranteed money? Why would you take the cash option? Everyone has many years to live, hopefully, after winning the lottery. Why would you risk dying early and/ or financial ruin in a few years by taking that much cash out in one lump sum? As Doctor Emmett Brown might say

"Think of your future, young man!"...

I'm too old to wait for 30 years to get all the money. I need to spend it now.

The Wise Old Owl

"Show me the money!"

12 hours ago, The Wise Old Owl said:

I'm too old to wait for 30 years to get all the money. I need to spend it now.

The Wise Old Owl

"Show me the money!"

I would have a custom home built. 

Big kitchen lots of cabinets 2 ovens. 

Xlarge laundry room and penthouse bathroom 

xlarge great room 

12 ft deep pool 

big garage for my bad ass ride. 

Wine and Vodka cooler 

music that goes though the entire home

lots of windows 

I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest 

I'm along the lines of Nikki's thinking. Pretty much what she described, but, one place in the mountains, other in some warmer and tax friendly state for snow birding. Four ovens instead of two. Some fancy grill setup on the patio (large grill and a smoker). Master suite that has the master bed, bath, and a home office/mancave that is behind doors and or it's own wing (place to get away from anyone else that might be visiting). No pool.

Family would have had trusts setup for retirement, a little  taste for today (pay some bills, get a car, take long trip) as well. Majority to charity.

As for some of the dreams others have of going nuts in the hobby world: not me. Heck, I'd become a regular recluse. The people coming at you with deals (read: scams), wanting things from you, etc. Last thing I'd want to deal with is a BSC hooker wanting to blackmail me, post pictures post-session on her Twitter feed, dealing with press for being "Powerball Billionaire" and now adding in "Powerball Billionaire john".

9 hours ago, mrvegas63 said:

<snip>

and now adding in "Powerball Billionaire john".

Just say you are working on taking over for Hef.   ;)

Edited by frankenthaler91