Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheWhisperer

Fields Required in Review Area

17 posts in this topic

Please tell us what fields you feel should be required and why? Please keep in mind that some users want privacy and is the goal to obtain some information or none at all..

Edited by TheWhisperer

For money, there should be a way to require an answer.  The old method was helpful but could have been improved.

If you go back to the drop down menu, please use ranges of numbers that don't overlap.  For example, if you pay someone $300, which drop down menu item do you use?  200-300 or 300-400?  What would be better is 200-249, 250-299, 300-349 etc.   There was also an option for no show, ripoff.

For money, there should be a way to require an answer.  The old method was helpful but could have been improved.

If you go back to the drop down menu, please use ranges of numbers that don't overlap.  For example, if you pay someone $300, which drop down menu item do you use?  200-300 or 300-400?  What would be better is 200-249, 250-299, 300-349 etc.   There was also an option for no show, ripoff.

there is an option for no show now but it translates into a 0 rating.. Maybe we could add Rip off and display no shows as NS, rip off as RP instead of 0

there are circumstances when a user may not want to acknowledge a donation and so it's optional 

there are circumstances when a user may not want to acknowledge a donation and so it's optional 

Edit:  Client viewpoints don't matter.

Edited by Magic_boots
Client viewpoints don't matter

With that kind of reasoning I can't think of any fields that should be required.  I don't mean that to be troll-y or asshole-ish; I just feel if we're going to apply that standard to how much is donated (which imo is a large piece of information) then it should be applied to everything else as well.

However, I think you could solve it by making that field required and allowing a selection of "Prefer not to answer" (at the bottom of the list).  Those of us who are fine listing the amount will see the range and select it; those who don't will be the ones who read all the options and see the one for them.

We will consider your suggestion

Required fields would be location and a few other items:)

Thanks for the suggestion and we do not take it as trolling...lol

I feel compelled to reply.

A zero, means zero was paid.  And that should be the only definition of a zero.  Ripoff means ripoff somewhere else.  Ripped off for $200 means, $200 was paid, and you were ripped off.  :)

And another thing...

Since the merge, my perception is that for the field, adult activities, this is more sparse than before.  People are lazy and not mentioning everything.

The drop down menu of activities, where you could pick multiple items seemed to prompt more information.  Some reviews dont have anything listed at all.

The value of TOB is value of their review page for me.  I thought the old review system was very useful.  I would like it to remain the same or better.

I feel compelled to reply.

A zero, means zero was paid.  And that should be the only definition of a zero.  Ripoff means ripoff somewhere else.  Ripped off for $200 means, $200 was paid, and you were ripped off.  :)

ok, we will give this some thought. Maybe a checkbox for Rip off might be the best way to go...thanks for your feedback

by the way we tried to pm you and your not accepting messages, please pm us

Edited by TheWhisperer

ok, we will give this some thought. Maybe a checkbox for Rip off might be the best way to go...thanks for your feedback

by the way we tried to pm you and your not accepting messages, please pm us

Is that because I'm at 112% of my message allotment with my 56 messages?  It's not intuitive to delete a message.  I just used my big word for the day...  I can't figure out how to delete a message...

Edited by Mtnman2000
lack of fuctioning brain

I can't figure out how to delete a message...

Open an individual PM. On the top right is a box labelled "message". Click on that. One option is "leave conversation". That deletes the message. I learned that by clicking around. You have to delete them one at a time. Have fun!

Open an individual PM. On the top right is a box labelled "message". Click on that. One option is "leave conversation". That deletes the message. I learned that by clicking around. You have to delete them one at a time. Have fun!

Ahh.  Smartness is strong  in this one.

So are check boxes and the word delete just too Web 1.0?

Is that because I'm at 112% of my message allotment with my 56 messages?  It's not intuitive to delete a message.  I just used my big word for the day...  I can't figure out how to delete a message...

You should have the same message limit as before 200.

We have an New forum release to put in place that will allow you to check messages and delete a number of them at once. We are integrating that into the current code and hope to have that in place soon:) The one by one at a time is really frustrating! We are sorry about that...

thank you pfunk for helping him

On September 24, 2015 at 9:24 PM, Mtnman2000 said:

The value of TOB is value of their review page for me.  I thought the old review system was very useful.  I would like it to remain the same or better.

What are your feelings on the review area now?

I think everything looks great.  I haven't been active lately.  What happened to pricing?  Was that removed?

7 minutes ago, Mtnman2000 said:

...  What happened to pricing?  Was that removed?

Yes, a few weeks ago.  I think the rational was to avoid discussing $s and service at the same time. 

Edited by Bit Banger