sparkey600

This new site....sucks

42 posts in this topic

There just seems to be way too much white space in the new format, something that can look aesthetically pleasing but is far less efficient to read and certainly in terms of bandwidth.

Have you seen the new search page on reviews?  There should be a keyword search like the old site and the rest should only come up if you click "Advanced" or something similar, not be faced with 600 options from the get go.

Finally the ads are just a pain now; it's easy to scroll down and see names and the first line of the post, but clicking through several pages is a complete pain.

It wouldn't surprise me to find a lot more post churn goes on on the new site, as I suspect a lot of people scanning the ads won't even bother clicking past the first page.

Finally, is there an issue with "visiting" ads?  It seems most any provider giving a range of dates in their ad is listed as "visting" where they are still using their usual location and aren't "visiting" at all.

I think the scenario is more like we've been given Windows 8.:eek:

Windows 8 was horrible!!!!!

Finally, is there an issue with "visiting" ads?  It seems most any provider giving a range of dates in their ad is listed as "visting" where they are still using their usual location and aren't "visiting" at all.

I can explain this one. Many of the providers service cities all along the front range. The new system is limiting our ads to 2 cities in the same time period. Our home city and one more. Until this is fixed, I suggest the ladies list all the cities you will service in your ad. If you then go to the "ad description" box in search ads and put in the city. Then hit search. Those ladies servicing that city will pop up.

There just seems to be way too much white space in the new format, something that can look aesthetically pleasing but is far less efficient to read and certainly in terms of bandwidth.

Have you seen the new search page on reviews?  There should be a keyword search like the old site and the rest should only come up if you click "Advanced" or something similar, not be faced with 600 options from the get go.

Finally the ads are just a pain now; it's easy to scroll down and see names and the first line of the post, but clicking through several pages is a complete pain.

It wouldn't surprise me to find a lot more post churn goes on on the new site, as I suspect a lot of people scanning the ads won't even bother clicking past the first page.

We are working the bugs out and hope to move on to the user interface issues. We are sorry for any issues this is causing you...

Well al that aside Mrs. Lincoln how was the play? Simply put as a low timer, maybe a lurker, this site needs much attention which clearly it is receiving.

Some of the bugz may be minor in essence but should be fairly simple to override. Seems like leaving EB up for a while might have helped but may not have been a doable thing in beta world.

As a lessor participant I can only hope the site will become more user friendly real soon like reaaaaalll soon I miss the regulars on EB.

I would not say that it "sucks" quite yet, change is usually difficult, and I would like to be supportive. As a former Change Management manager and Software Designer, we used to put together "training manuals" and FAQ prior to a release. I don't see anything here? The Help tab is empty?

I'm not totally dumb, but I can not even figure out how to upload an avatar??? Right click does not work, it is not listed under edit profile. :confused: I would like to create and save an ad without posting it as well. Is that possible?

See my later comments.

I agree with you my friend.

I agree I cant even advertise it keeps telling me the payment system is down.  I have lost  a lot of biz due to the fact the guys cant even look at the reviews like they used to without registering and the other obvious reason I cant advertise. Damn It.

I agree I cant even advertise it keeps telling me the payment system is down.  I have lost  a lot of biz due to the fact the guys cant even look at the reviews like they used to without registering and the other obvious reason I cant advertise. Damn It.  Lol and I am a newbie aint that some shit.

I smell an infraction coming but common guys your killin me.

I agree I cant even advertise it keeps telling me the payment system is down.  I have lost  a lot of biz due to the fact the guys cant even look at the reviews like they used to without registering and the other obvious reason I cant advertise. Damn It.

Please email us at TheWhispererTOB@gmail.com I took a quick look and it appears you have a number of accounts. We apologize for any issues this may have caused you.

You know, the old site was so much more user friendly. Why did you listen to all the tchno nerds and fuck it up?

Just my 2 cents. I'm prtetty pissed......

definitely challenging so far. 

My payment system is also down. I did just message you regarding my reviews also, which must be linked to another account somewhere as I have two different numbers attached to the name Abigail Fox.

I'm getting used to it, but the format takes a little time to understand. Having watched local boards like ASPD and HornDogs bite the dust, I say it's worth the attempt. I like the local board over the national ones because they don't attract the Feds and hackers, so I hope TOB is successful.