Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
illini_cub

ISO Hippie Girl

10 posts in this topic

Have just been thinking about going to the Phish concert last summer and enjoying the views of all those hippie girls. Do any of you gals identify as a Phish/Dead hippie girl? Any gals that you guys suggest? Any replies to this post or PM's would be much appreciated. Thanks

Look for awhile at the China Cat Sunflower

proud-walking jingle in the midnight sun...

I've not had the pleasure myself.

I definitely identify with this demographic...I have gone to a show before where that Dead "Magic" was definitely THERE...and it made me miss something I've only ever seen on a video. Except that I was THERE. That's the thrill in chase after every time I choose to attend a gathering of the masses...its all for that unity, that common ground that we all share as the patrons of a show that has got that "something." That is what it's all about and what every band/artist worth our dedicated fandom is after...whether they know it or not. That is what makes me identify as a hippie waaaaaay over any other "characteristic" hippies share. :)

it made me miss something I've only ever seen on a video.

My 1st show was 1980 Folsom Field in Boulder, but I would trade my experiences for your youth now. :D

I would trade my youth for Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac with Spirit or the Kinks :)

My 1st show was 1980 Folsom Field in Boulder, but I would trade my experiences for your youth now. :D

No way! I love my experiences, and think youth is overrated. I was there once, it wasn't any better, been there, done that.

I like being an old pervert in good shape, this is way more fun.

Oh yeah, the Dead cred: Three out of four years at Red Rocks (78, 79, 81 I think, hard to remember exactly), camping out in my Volkswagen Microbus in Morrison a couple days ahead of the shows and at least one day afterwards. The OP makes me think of the ladies, ah yes.... so much fun.

No way! I love my experiences, and think youth is overrated. I was there once, it wasn't any better, been there, done that.

I like being an old pervert in good shape, this is way more fun.

Oh yeah, the Dead cred: Three out of four years at Red Rocks (78, 79, 81 I think, hard to remember exactly), camping out in my Volkswagen Microbus in Morrison a couple days ahead of the shows and at least one day afterwards. The OP makes me think of the ladies, ah yes.... so much fun.

I would trade my youth for Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac with Spirit or the Kinks :)

Dead at Folsom '72

Fleetwood Mac - sadly not the Peter Green version but at least the Bob Welsh one somewhere around 1973 at the city auditorium in Springs of all places. The grossly downgraded Buckingham/Nicks travesty couple years later at the Coliseum.

First - hey I started young, ok? - The Doors at the DU arena April '70 followed a couple months later by the Who at Mammoth Gardens. (Unbelievably both backed-up by the "immortal" Sugarloaf lol)

Suffice it to say, lots of hippie chicks involved in all the above. Sigh. Good times. :D

April Lane is a dead head from the past, so might be what the OP was looking for. Fun to listen to dead tunes while "visiting" with her and reminiscing about the shows we had seen.