Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2Big

What Kind Of Scam Is This?

4 posts in this topic

Someone contacted me off of one of my ads on Craigslist. Claimed to be some chick in town on vacation. Didn't want to correspond via email. Game some hinky foreign cell phone # and wanted me to contact her via WhatsApp. Told her to fly a kite but was wondering what scam "she" had in mind. Any ideas?

I've heard stories where hot young girls try to get dudes to do embarrassing sex acts on webcam. Then, they extort the dude by threatening to post the clip all over the Internet. It might be fun to play along and see what happens.;)

Could have also been a scam to charge your phone bill if you called the number "she" provided.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/josephsteinberg/2014/02/01/dont-return-calls-from-these-area-codes-its-a-scam/

Someone contacted me off of one of my ads on Craigslist. Claimed to be some chick in town on vacation. Didn't want to correspond via email. Game some hinky foreign cell phone # and wanted me to contact her via WhatsApp. Told her to fly a kite but was wondering what scam "she" had in mind. Any ideas?

I'm agreeing with Missing Link on this one. I think, a few years back, there was some kind of internet scam where people were told to call (or call back) a certain (foreign) telephone number..and the number was set up to where it would like charge your phone fifty bucks or something like that each time you called the number....I think it was based in some countries in the Caribbean or something like that....

but from what I know about Whatsapp, it's supposed to be for free..or maybe that's just the texting part....