Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NaughtyNiceGuy

what would you do ?

35 posts in this topic

NNG, you have my sympathies, for what they are worth. Back in November of 2013, a close relative of mine lost her battle with Ovarian Cancer.

I echo the words of those who have told you to "get your affairs in order".

While I do not practice in the Wills and Probate areas of law, if you email me your cell number and a good time to call you, I'd be happy to talk to you if you need any assistance or referrals in that area. My EMAIL is: NicholasNUtah@hotmail.com - needless to say, no charge/cost whatsoever for the time I spend on this.

Recently I was given an expire by date of less than 6 months from my cancer battle. I haven't been able to be aroused in months so going out with a bang is not going to happen for me. So what would you do knowing the amount of time you have left?

My condolences. I always wonder about the wisdom of knowing the full diagnosis. Be that as it may, I would: 1) Stop living with the diagnosis as much as practical/possible (for starters, prediction is always difficult, especially if you involve the future and you're not your disease); 2) Get my affairs in order. That's not just paperwork. It's relationships as well. (Nothing says f-you like punishing your heirs and others from the grave); 3) Try not to regret that I didn't fully live my whole life like I was dying; 4) I don't think there's much on my bucket list any longer but perhaps imminent demise would change that. I'd tick off what I could; 5) Devote what remained to some sort of service to others.

I'm sorry to hear that. As for myself, I would spend as much time as possible with my family. I wouldn't look to check anything off my bucket list or worry about what I didn't get a chance to do, I would just spend as much time as I could with the ones I love the most. I would also get all my affairs in order and make sure they know what to do with me when I pass. Speaking from experience it is really hard on the family when everything is not taken care of and when no one knows what the wishes of the deceased are.

7 mile beach, Grand Cayman my friend. You won't regret it I promise you.....

Positive thoughts and warm energy to you.