Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Skibum

Summit Next Saturday?

18 posts in this topic

I'm trying to plan ahead! If any lady(s) are interested in driving up next Saturday (and won't kill me with an unreasonable trip charge!) please PM me. I'll be home alone and in need of some adult companionship. I'll be P411 plus 9 any day now! Had a great time <Snip> yesterday while in Denver for some shopping and fun.

I also have a free lift ticket I can give you should you want to catch some runs. Mountain closes next Sunday.

PM me if interested, please.

Edited by Kaduk
Info meant for a review...

(and won't kill me with an unreasonable trip charge!)

Define "unreasonable".

This semi-topic comes up time to time, and the far away from Denver folks don't do the math.

In this case, a lady has to drive 1.5-2 hours, one way, to do the call. That's about two appointments worth of time not making money. Throw in weather (and possibly getting stuck until weather clears), gas, car wear/tear, possible hotel room, etc, the offer of a two hour appointment and "gas money" is not enticing for the lady.

Gonna pay no matter how the time vs travel fee gets broken down.

Unreasonable is a subjective term than can have many different meanings, depending on the circumstances. I've never heard of a "semi-topic" before so I have no idea what that means. I have a degree in accounting and I'm self employed, so I fully understand the math as well as the business consequences of travel time. I bill by the hour or job myself. It doesn't take 1.5 to 2 hours to get here. I can be at I70 and C470 in about an hour. I offer incalls at my home, so there is no room charge. I would never ask for an appointment if the weather was bad, I don't want anyone risking their life to get here. I know in Denver it can take over an hour or more just to get from Denver to Boulder, or Denver to the Tech Center.

Not all ladies book appointments all day long, so it's presumptuous to assume they're losing money by driving up here. I'm not sure how you can speak for ladies when you call the offer "not enticing". I've never been able to get inside someone's head like that and do their thinking for them.

The fact is that ladies do come up here, repeatedly, and they tell me they enjoy it. I do pay for travel time, some charge more some charge less. I prefer the ones who charge less. That's a business decision that they and I make. Not all business ventures succeed. I am not into win-lose outcomes.

Some ladies enjoy the drive, and enjoy coming to a resort area. This isn't Commerce City (no offense to CC dwellers). By the number of ladies who come up more than once I know they enjoy my company, they're always happy to see me, and I them. Can you imagine, some people just drive up because of the drive? The beauty of the mountains makes Denver look like a barren wasteland.

Often times, ladies are driving through to another location and it's no big deal to stop by my place on their way. Ladies also come up to the mountains for a few days to do business up here.

I can't understand the meaning of your post unless you feel, for some reason, like you have to make our lives more difficult.

I can't understand the meaning of your post unless you feel, for some reason, like you have to make our lives more difficult.

I doubt that he was trying to make anyone's life more difficult. He simply expressed the reality of your request. No matter how beautiful the drive, or how much you think the ladies "enjoy it", it's still purely a business decision. If you defined "unreasonable", the interested parties could do the math. :D

Good luck!

Just curious, Shorty and Mr. Vegas, are you self employed? Do you run your own businesses? If you do, then you understand that there are many factors that go into making a business decision, and money is not always the controlling one. If a woman comes up here and tells me "I like coming up here" those are her words, not mine. I can't just assume off the bat that she's a liar when she says that. If she wants to come up and do some skiing or boarding or shopping, she can do that and make some money at the same time. This is a resort, not a hotel in the tech center. If I were to define "unreasonable" that would be incredibly stupid on my part. Every deal is different. Every person is different. Every motivation is different.

Mr. Vegas certainly wasn't helping my cause, or any of us mountain guys, and I got pissed as hell about it. I try not to rain on anyone's parade, and I sure as hell don't want someone fucking with mine.

lol, self employed for sure. Self important, well, if I don't take care of myself I can't help anyone else. None of us can.

Many self employed people have issues getting along with others, as well as an unreasonably high self esteem. What I've been reading here isn't impressive. Why do you care to engage in a discussion with such "passion" and quickly erode it to such non sequitur commentary about your employment? Why do you think it is necessary to tell us which provider may have stepped out with you, tell us what you do for a living, and share your other employment arrangements? I will admit, it is good to know that WAAndeR likes to step out and shop, but maybe that's information she doesn't like to share? Do you think hourly girlfriends only make exceptions for you? How many wish you to share their "dates" with you? I can see a quid pro quo for certain things, but really, for a shopping buddy? :rolleyes:

Oh- I just went back and saw your comment was edited, and a <snip> was placed where you proudly named the provider you were shopping with. Clearly, she didn't appreciate your very revealing comment. So, I will edit my comment in a way that shows you we all know what was edited out.

You have some garbage about "professionalism" as your handle. Change it, or live by it.

Edited by blowmar
Took out a name

You missed my entire point. I was trying to compare the similarities between self employed business people and self employed ASP's. I sell my time, they sell theirs. To me, that sounds identical.

Also, I have no idea how you came up with the idea that she and I went shopping. That's hilarious!

Thanks for the laughs.

Ohhmmmm. I'm done, my goal for Saturday has been accomplished.

Congrats! I hope you have a blast!

Many self employed people have issues getting along with others, as well as an unreasonably high self esteem.

what a pathetic statement

I'm trying to plan ahead! If any lady(s) are interested in driving up next Saturday (and won't kill me with an unreasonable trip charge!) please PM me. I'll be home alone and in need of some adult companionship. I'll be P411 plus 9 any day now! Had a great time <Snip> yesterday while in Denver for some shopping and fun.

I also have a free lift ticket I can give you should you want to catch some runs. Mountain closes next Sunday.

PM me if interested, please.

HEY IDIOT- "Had a great time <Snip> yesterday while in Denver for some shopping and fun."

Ski bum "thanks for the laughs" yourself - your first quote is here:

"Had a great time <Snip> yesterday while in Denver for some shopping and fun."

The "snip" was edited out after you posted, and those who read the pre-censored post all know who the provider was. The snip was "had a great time WITH XXXXer yesterdaay while in Denver for some shopping and fun"

Do you read what you write? The censor intervened to help the provider, and not you, you bumbling idiot.

You missed my entire point. I was trying to compare the similarities between self employed business people and self employed ASP's. I sell my time, they sell theirs. To me, that sounds identical.

Also, I have no idea how you came up with the idea that she and I went shopping. That's hilarious!

Thanks for the laughs.

Again "Had a great time <Snip> yesterday while in Denver for some shopping and fun." Where "snip" read "WITH XXXXer" yesterday while in Denver for some shopping and fun". Many of us read this with great interest, as XXXXer isn't known to head out of her IC location for shopping and fun. So, good for you, bro! Now back to your "integrity" commentary - you've got no integrity, and no credibility. Enough already. You have cash, and women will gladly let you part ways with it. You're a John.

As for your analogy about "selling time" - don't bother. There is no shortage of consultants in the world, and many of them "sell time". Why would any of us expect to have some fraternal bond to providers because we "sell time"?

Great, this thread was going way off topic.