Jez UaBriain

Wouldn't it be great if-

8 posts in this topic

Wouldn't it be great if-

The economy would turn around.

The fiscal cliff was just a hill.

Pussy was free.......

And all peckers were hard on demand.

Wouldn't it be great if Obama would do what he promised?

If we could turn back time so the Bronco's could have won?

And no one bitched about our rates.....

And Twobig really was a nice guy?

And wouldn't it be great if the weather was 85 degrees.

.........just thinking out loud with insomnia as my buddy.jez ;D

If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.

Some of the things on your list we have no control over, and there is nothing valuable to be gained by whining over them. Other things we can control.....like our own personal economy. Several years ago, I made some rather unusual & radical career decisions. With the current economic and climate issues, my business had its best year ever in 2012. My bonus is huge, and my hobby budget is going to be much larger this year as a result. (and I spend 2 out of every 3 hobby dollars in the Denver area). 2013 looks to be even busier....lol...so I may not have as much time to hobby. Everything is a trade off.

My wish?

Wouldn't it be great if this weren't such a lonely hobby? Not many people you can discuss things with. Hard to get straight answers on issues that really matter to you. No place to go and just have a "beer with the guys" without potentially upsetting the ladies. The nearest I've found is the men only forums on Eccie, which are filled with misogynist assholes....not exactly the kinda guys I like to have a beer with.

Maybe. But to be honest, I like things the way that they are. If everything was all fine and dandy it would be boring and mundane. Trials and tribulations of life make the great times thousands of times greater. Without the down there would never be an up. Without the asshole the nice guy would no longer seem so great. Without poverty there would not be wealth. Without loss there would be no personal growth. Seriously, think about how ho-hum this world would be without tribulation.

Wouldn't it be great if...

The Hokey Pokey isn't what it is all about?

You masterbate too much it would improve your eyesight?

All the providers were calling me asking my rates for sessions with them?

This hobby was legal?

April Fools Day isn't real and it is the longest continuous prank in history?

All clients and providers treated each other with utmost respect?

Wouldn't it be great if Obama would do what he promised?

Which specific promises do you want Obama to keep? Surely it can’t be promising to stabilize the economy on the brink of a second Depression, saving the U.S. automobile industry, ending 2 costly and harmful wars, eliminating Osama bin-Laden, passing Health Care reform, passing Wall Street reform ending the insane practices in the financial sector that nearly caused the global economy to collapse, and bringing an end to discrimination in the military, since he’s already kept all those, among others. And all this in the face of a political opposition that publicly admits their only goal is to keep Obama from accomplishing any successes regardless of whether they are good for the country or not, and has utilized tactics unprecedented in history to grind the gears of government to a complete halt.

Sorry for the political rant, but you can’t just try to slide in some teabagger nonsense and expect to not get called on it with actual facts.

yeah freewheelin it seems to me that extremists on both ends of the political poles are running the country (or trying to) for good or ill.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

- Barry Goldwater

Wouldn't it be great if...

..when we give some latitude to general discussion posts, people wouldn't jump on the opportunity to hijack it to political commentary which you all KNOW is against board philosophy.