Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Newlywed Afghan Beheaded For Her Refusal to Become Prostitute

12 posts in this topic

according to a 2008 u.s. state department human rights report on afghanistan, the practice of prostitution in Afghanistan is illegal, with punishments ranging from 5 to 15 years imprisonment. Married prostitutes are considered adulterers under the Afghan penal code and subject to minimum 5 years imprisonment. Prostitution was even more strictly prohibited under the rule of the Taliban[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban], with those thought of having extramarital sex risking extrajudicial killing by cultural fundemantalists and islamists.

so it would appear that a catch-22 exists of "beheaded if you do and imprisoned/beheaded if you don't" is the current mode in that noble theocracy.

maybe the (alleged) pimps will yet experience some good ol' fashioned sharia justice

pretty much that's the sharia way dude - as far as women go. they're treated literally like cattle or goats - and them suckers is into [snip]!

Edited by The Oxymoron
forbidden topic, beastiality

according to a 2008 u.s. state department human rights report on afghanistan, the practice of prostitution in Afghanistan is illegal, with punishments ranging from 5 to 15 years imprisonment. Married prostitutes are considered adulterers under the Afghan penal code and subject to minimum 5 years imprisonment. Prostitution was even more strictly prohibited under the rule of the Taliban, with those thought of having extramarital sex risking extrajudicial killing by cultural fundemantalists and islamists.

so it would appear that a catch-22 exists of "beheaded if you do and imprisoned/beheaded if you don't" is the current mode in that noble theocracy.

maybe the (alleged) pimps will yet experience some good ol' fashioned sharia justice

It's just consistent with the militants in general. They also pray and espouse following the Koran which says it is a sin to kill, yet these same "followers" sentence Christians to death for refusing to convert to Islam. Be a prostitute or I kill you! Convert or I kill you! Say something that sounds like you are an intellect and i kill you! How 'bout I just kill you!? :confused::eek::cool:

right you are, flanker

the blatant hypocrisy of these 'holy warriors' knows no bounds. having closely read the Koran, it kind of reminds me of how Christians too selectively cite their holy book as justification - medieval 12th century crusaders are a good example - to routinely commit any manner of inhumane atrocities

right you are, flanker

the blatant hypocrisy of these 'holy warriors' knows no bounds. having closely read the Koran, it kind of reminds me of how Christians too selectively cite their holy book as justification - medieval 12th century crusaders are a good example - to routinely commit any manner of inhumane atrocities

I like your thinking. I have my own spirituality but the constant attempts to impose any form of theocratic idiology by groups from some form of justifiable indignation and/or threat is scary, whether today or yesterday. Most interesting thing to me here is the common origins of these competing groups, ~ old Abraham. I'd bet he would vomit at the thought of what has happened here, as the OP brings out.

Religion needs to die from this world, especially Islam. I am glad that Ms. Destiny has brought it to our attention, because it is sick.

Religion needs to die from this world, especially Islam. I am glad that Ms. Destiny has brought it to our attention, because it is sick.

Ever read the Q'uran? Talmud? Upanishads? Bhagavad Gita? (good cartoons, but I digress). The issue is interpretation and human nature, wanting and needing to be right, superior, exercising dominion over others.