Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

Lake Powell

4 posts in this topic

I know several of you out there are Lake Powell enthusiasts. I returned yesterday from eight incredible days in a Houseboat on Lake Powell. Still awe inspiring!!! The Lake is UP well over 70 feet just since Jan this year!!! And still rising. Put in at Wahweap. Very first time that far south. Always before we put in at Bull Frog and went north. Been 8 times, never been to Page, never saw the dam. Impressive!!.  Anyway, as usual a wonderful time.  On this trip we had rain. Can't remember rain before. Hard to describe a thunderstorm on Lake Powell. One late evening a serious rain squall blew thru. Two anchors pulled loose!! Intense for a time resetting everything, but a great story now. You know it will grow over the years!! Good friends, cold beer, Margaritas!,  houseboat, speed, boat, water toys, lovely ladies in bikinis, great food and the spectacular vestige of Lake Powell. Life is good!!! 

Did you make a pit stop at Dangling Rope.. ?

No, still closed. Spent time in Padre Bay and Warm Creek Bay. Most fingers off both bays are accessible now. Still very quiet on the Lake. Bookings still way down. Great  for visitors but hurting the employees.

My family while growing up had a time share on LakePowell . All this rain we had has made enjoying water sports exciting!!! Happy you had great time. Lots of sunscreen is needed!  Especially with my fair skin. Happy you had Have a great time! I now have a bikini suit to wear also.