Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feels like the first time

8 posts in this topic

Do you have a song that you wish you could listen to for the very first time all over again? If so, which is it and why? 

I’ll go first, I can never make my mind up or ever just choose one thing, but a song I always go back to is Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd , I’m one of those daydreamers who loves songs that makes me feel like I’m floating/ethereal, and this song just does it for me, it speaks to my soul on another level :)

Pink Floyd is a great choice.  For a first time listen, I wish I could go back and hear the entire Dark Side of the Moon album.  It is amazing that the lyrics touched me at 18 and still touch me at 68.

So that I could pretend again like the world ever does change.  The genius of Alvin Lee from 1971

On 2/3/2023 at 10:19 AM, AstridAllure said:

Do you have a song that you wish you could listen to for the very first time all over again? If so, which is it and why? 

I’ll go first, I can never make my mind up or ever just choose one thing, but a song I always go back to is Learning To Fly - Pink Floyd , I’m one of those daydreamers who loves songs that makes me feel like I’m floating/ethereal, and this song just does it for me, it speaks to my soul on another level :)

And welcome to the board btw.  Hope you enjoy and prosper. :)

On 2/3/2023 at 7:37 AM, average1 said:

Welcome to the community.  Hope you find this a fun place to be and enjoy some special times with some of the folks here.

Ten Years After is a mighty fine choice, cheers! I can only imagine being a young person hearing I’d love to change the world for the first time in the ‘70s! Procol Harum and The Moody Blues is up there!

Thank you kindly for your sweet words, love!

happy to be here :P

8 hours ago, average1 said:

Pink Floyd is a great choice.  For a first time listen, I wish I could go back and hear the entire Dark Side of the Moon album.  It is amazing that the lyrics touched me at 18 and still touch me at 68.

Oh heck yeah! That entire album is such a trip, in the best possible way, I seriously have to stop and take in Us and Them whenever it’s on. Super jealous you got to experience Floyd at its peak!

On 2/4/2023 at 5:44 PM, AstridAllure said:

Ten Years After is a mighty fine choice, cheers! I can only imagine being a young person hearing I’d love to change the world for the first time in the ‘70s! Procol Harum and The Moody Blues is up there!

Thank you kindly for your sweet words, love!

happy to be here :P

Since you seem to appreciate some good tunes if you have not yet, may I suggest taking a walk around the corner as it were to the thread "moves your soul".  Years of a variety of music by many posters. Could always use more. :)

On 2/7/2023 at 1:03 PM, gr8owl said:

Since you seem to appreciate some good tunes if you have not yet, may I suggest taking a walk around the corner as it were to the thread "moves your soul".  Years of a variety of music by many posters. Could always use more. :)

I shall scoot my butt over there and definitely check it out!!! Thank you so much for the suggestion, I love little hidden gems like that! :P