Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HitmanAce

80's throwback

8 posts in this topic

Heard this song on the radio a couple of days ago. I used to watch this movie before wrestling season back in the day on the old VHS tape player. My wrestling teammate had it on Betamax. The song is Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider. The movie title is Vision Quest. In my opinion, one of the best movie scenes from the 80's. 

I love this song, loved a little less to admit I had a Betamax. I swear the salesman told me it would leave VHS in the dirt.....Another bad investment!

Red Rider=Sammy Hagar so good in the old days, thanks for posting this!

4 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

I love this song, loved a little less to admit I had a Betamax. I swear the salesman told me it would leave VHS in the dirt.....Another bad investment!

Red Rider=Sammy Hagar so good in the old days, thanks for posting this!

Don't know if you remember the old RCA laser disks that played like a record player. Another 80's classic that was to outdo VHS .

Tom Cochrane of Red Rider even had some success in the 90's with Life is a Highway. 

2 hours ago, HitmanAce said:

Don't know if you remember the old RCA laser disks that played like a record player. Another 80's classic that was to outdo VHS .

Tom Cochrane of Red Rider even had some success in the 90's with Life is a Highway. 

That's a technology that didn't last long.

On 10/7/2019 at 4:39 AM, HitmanAce said:

I remember them well!

On 10/7/2019 at 4:39 AM, HitmanAce said:

That was a great song as well!

On 10/7/2019 at 6:55 AM, ilovewomen said:

That's a technology that didn't last long.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:51 PM, sparkey600 said:

I remember them well!

What I loved best about those old laser disks was the big plastic sleeves that you had to feed into the front of the player. Such advanced technology back then.

4 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

That was a great song as well!

Been listening to the song lately when doing my workouts, even taken up jump rope in the last couple of days because of the song and video clip. I forgot how good of a workout jump rope can be. LOL!

It would be interesting to read a thread of people's best of the 80's playlists. There would definitely be a lot of variety in the music playlists.