Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

Mince Meat Pie receipe HELP

6 posts in this topic

Just got a request for Mince Meat Pie for dessert in honor of a special Thanksgiving guest. I've never made one. Putting out an SOS in lots of places and you guys are one of those. Pm me what ever. Need a good one. Real meat?   Maybe just buy one but that feels like cheating.

Real Mincemeat pies do have meat in them. When I young my Grandmother would use Venison. I have never seen a Real Mincemeat pie available for purchase.  You can make the modern version very easily. Most all Grocery stores have Mincemeat this time of year. Right now I am cooking the pie shell for mine. 

Good luck!

PS- buy the “Nonsuch” brand in the jar.

My late mother-in-law loved mince meat pies.  I never had a bite of one.  I've never seen them in the stores. 

I did a quick google search.  Try following the link below.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/215756/homemade-mince-pie-with-crumbly-topping/?internalSource=rotd&referringId=12949&referringContentType=Recipe Hub

The Safeway by me does not have any. I will go down to King Soopers later. 3rd person to recommend "None such"

Got a great recipe from a friends grandma. Yeah. Thank you all. 

On 11/21/2018 at 4:02 PM, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

3rd person to recommend "None such"

Then I'm the fourth. My mother used the None Such in a jar and also a package of the None Such condensed. Then she added a box of white raisins and at least a cup of chopped pecans. This gave her enough mix for two deep dish pies.

My father's mother made a real mince meat pie for Christmas one year. I didn't care for it. Didn't like the flavor of the meat...