"the self-proclaimed pimp" - Death By Nevada Jury

34 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Just Jos said:

. I've never been to prison, but ive seen some documentaries (lol) and they definitely work in there. And it's slave laborMaking a few bucks a day. I've never known one person personally to say jail/prison is nice. And that they would be happy there w 3 hots and a cot. But I can say confidently that in the rare case that they do like it there-- they are probably extremely mentally ill and can't take care of themselves on the outside. And I'm not totally convinced that jail is where they should be, but that's another story. I've been to jail once. I stole something when I was 18. I cried the whole  18hrs I was in there.  Just sayin. 😜

It's not even 10% as hard as it should be.

The problem with the death penalty is the endless (costly) appeals.

Maybe some of you remember John Gilbert Graham.

He was convicted of the murder of his mother on May 5, 1956, and was executed in the Colorado State Penitentiary gas chamber on January 11, 1957. Before his execution, he said about the bombing, "As far as feeling remorse for these people, I don't. I can't help it. Everybody pays their way and takes their chances. That's just the way it goes."

As to prison being "slavery". If it was, the ACLU would be all over it like white on rice.

Signature

36 minutes ago, Johnboy#1 said:

Before his execution, he said about the bombing, "As far as feeling remorse for these people, I don't. I can't help it. Everybody pays their way and takes their chances. That's just the way it goes."

I may be wrong, but I believe all evil is unleashed on the basis of justification, often righteously proclaimed.

Edited by Happymon
spell ck

49 minutes ago, Happymon said:

I may be wrong, but I believe all evil is unleashed on the basis of justification, often righteously proclaimed.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

C.S. Lewis