Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SultryKitten

Questions About Pranksters.

13 posts in this topic

For some crazy reason, this last month I have been getting quite a few calls from scammers/pranksters that act like they have seen me before, set up an appointment, and then(of course)not show up. I have a pretty busy life, and really don't have the time to be dealing with these types of calls, but I know I can't avoid them with my ads out there in the public. Any ideas on how to diminish or lessen the calls, or does anyone have any ideas on how to eliminate this time waster?

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Give all your clients a different codeword when they see you. If you have a bunch of clients, pick some famous document like the Gettysburg Address and assign each word in order to a specific client.  Or a song title by your favorite band.

So, if your favorite band is Crosby Stills and Nash, and the guy says he's seen you before and his codeword is "Layla", you know he's lying.  On the otherhand, if he says he's "Ohio" and he's not, you know where the leak is.

This technique is called a "Canary trap."

It's a little "cloak and dagger," but if you pick the right code, you and your clients can have fun with it.

1 hour ago, SultryKitten said:

I have been getting quite a few calls from scammers/pranksters that act like they have seen me before, set up an appointment, and then(of course)not show up.

Any ideas on how to diminish or lessen the calls

How does someone act like they have seen you before? Don't you ladies keep pretty close track of that? Maybe clients you want to repeat with should be assigned a user name and password. 

This must be the modern version of calling and asking if you have Prince Albert in a can :cool:

I'd say screening more thoroughly can prevent some of this. You can't just take every mans word who calls and says they've seen you without some follow up questions, ( minimally) unless they come up already saved in your phone. Asking for new references and not seeing anyone who can't provide them should mitigate the time wasters. 

Xox

How is the OP banned already? She started this thread an hour ago. That must be some kind of record. :cool:

I'm so confused how someone can say they have seen me before and I just take Thier word for it.  Maybe because I'm LV I know who I have and haven't  seen, but jeeze, if someone has ever said that and I didn't recall I make them remind me of the session, or I rescreen  them all over again.  

3 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

For some crazy reason, this last month I have been getting quite a few calls from scammers/pranksters that act like they have seen me before, set up an appointment, and then(of course)not show up. I have a pretty busy life, and really don't have the time to be dealing with these types of calls, but I know I can't avoid them with my ads out there in the public. Any ideas on how to diminish or lessen the calls, or does anyone have any ideas on how to eliminate this time waster?

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Man so many girls here in Denver are complaining of the same thing. Its obviously someone getting your location weather it be a stalker, another provider, or sum time waster, and or even law enforcement. Could be anything. My suggestion is start recommencing p411. Its not 100% bullet proof. But its sure is way better than nothing. There are other options like tighten up your screening. The next time some chump lies and says he's seen you before and he hasn't give him another address thats not yours. lol 

1 hour ago, Raoul said:

How is the OP banned already? She started this thread an hour ago. That must be some kind of record. :cool:

Iv been on time out before. The mods seem to be on top of there game on TOB. Perhaps she broke the rules and they removed the postings then banned her. I don't know. 

2 hours ago, Laplace said:

Give all your clients a different codeword when they see you. If you have a bunch of clients, pick some famous document like the Gettysburg Address and assign each word in order to a specific client.  Or a song title by your favorite band.

So, if your favorite band is Crosby Stills and Nash, and the guy says he's seen you before and his codeword is "Layla", you know he's lying.  On the otherhand, if he says he's "Ohio" and he's not, you know where the leak is.

This technique is called a "Canary trap."

It's a little "cloak and dagger," but if you pick the right code, you and your clients can have fun with it.

Here's a simpler version--one that a provider I know and love uses: after she has seen you once she gives you her "real" name (obviously, it's another hobby name, but it is not one she uses in her ads). Then she tells you that if you want to reschedule, please use her "real" name when you contact her. That way, she knows she's seen you before. If someone claims to have seen her before, but doesn't use the right name, she knows something is up.

Foolproof? Obviously not. But I imagine it gets the job done in nearly all cases.

If you don't remember them specifically, then you don't know them.

I do screen, but I am human and make mistakes. This one was me running around to head to a meeting, and instead of sitting down to take a few seconds to google him(or check my list) I took his word. It did cross my mind that I didn't recognize the number so that is when I looked it up and realized it. The second one woke me out of a dead sleep, and I did the same thing.

It didn't cost me a client, but in my business way of thinking, it did cost me time and money which annoys me. I will say that even if I screen heavily, I have still encountered doozies...it is rare though. Nothing is 100% fool proof in this business. I have found that being low volume, and my setup is pretty good and consistent in receiving good clients...I just want to now avoid these headaches.

I think Laplace or Pejo's suggestion is a great idea, and will be figuring out how I am going to be incorporating that into my practice. Thanks!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I am days away from getting a booking agent for this reason. Gents don't relaize how much work is reply behind what we do.  

On 3/12/2016 at 6:41 PM, SpiceInCo said:

I am days away from getting a booking agent for this reason. Gents don't relaize how much work is reply behind what we do.  

The ones that do that shit to us know damn well and they simply give zero f***$ because theyre manipulative. Try implying that they may have not actually.seen you, and you can expect to be shamed for not remembering him and called a hoar-bag...because ya know....playing on a chicks emotions and implying she is high volume and detached is an effective way to turn your shit around on you and make you feel you owe him a serious apology.   I'm no psychologist, but I have fucked enough guys to know that guys who use trickery to get near you are always just BAD news.  Don't let them wear you down and don't ignore that uncomfortable feeling that slightly mimics guilt...that's your instincts telling you that you are being violated and that you can't win. Nice people simply dont understand that some people are happy to prey on others and will say ANYTHING to get their whims indulged. The people who go to the trouble of contacting strangers and trying to gain access to them by pulling the "High volume " card and such, are, I believe, capable of much more harm than the hour they wasted of your time. Be safe and don't be afraid to say no to the people who you aren't feeling totally respected by.

It could just be a run of bad luck. I remember a thread like this from last summer or so where a number of ladies said the same. If it happens a couple times it seems like it is aimed at you when it could really just be a slew of bad gents.

I do see what you mean, it is hard if they say they've seen you before - but if you don't recognize the phone number or have notes with you handy, it could be rude to say you don't remember haha. Though I had just the reverse the other day when a gal thought she'd seen me before but I certainly hadn't visited her! (Though maybe that's why it wasn't all that good - the other guy might have been a jerk and she thought I was him!)

I doubt there is much you can do besides make rules and stick to them, such as needing to double check all phone numbers vs actually having seen them. But at least you dodged a bullet because if you hadn't seen the guy, didn't screen, and he DID show up, that could have been bad?

(Actually I don't even know why I'm posting a useless answer in this thread right now!)