Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vildara

My Ads - Broken?

12 posts in this topic

Good Morning! I am new here, and trying to get my bearings. I discovered a strange anomaly and was hoping someone could help me sort it out. 

When I go to a provider's profile, it has a link under her name that says "My Ads." When I click on it, it will take me to a new screen, and list the quantity of the providers ads and a choice to filter. However, there are no ads. Is this me, the way it's built or something else?

my ads.JPG

9 hours ago, Vildara said:

Good Morning! I am new here, and trying to get my bearings. I discovered a strange anomaly and was hoping someone could help me sort it out. 

When I go to a provider's profile, it has a link under her name that says "My Ads." When I click on it, it will take me to a new screen, and list the quantity of the providers ads and a choice to filter. However, there are no ads. Is this me, the way it's built or something else?

my ads.JPG

That area lists All your current ads. You don't have any ads yet. Click the Post Ad  link in the drop down menu, create the ad Abd post it. That and any ad you post will appear there. Here are some more instructions 

Posting An Ad:
To Post an AD click the LOGIN link in the upper right hand corner and login using your email address and password. Once logged click your name (on mobile devices there is 3 horizontal lines, looks like a hamburger) in the upper right hand corner and select Post New Ad. Then, fill out the Title information and anything else you would like to appear in and be associated with the ad. Select the Gallery you would like attached to the ad, then enter the information in the body area. There is no need to know HTML, just type in whatever you want to appear in the post. Then post the ad!  

Re-posting the ad is even easier, select My Ads button or link in the menu and select the ad you want to re-post. You can also do a quick Edit or copy the ad to create a modified version.

If this is your first time please add images to your Gallery. Once you have completed that then select POST NEW ADand you will be taken to the Posting page.

Adding Pictures to the Gallery:
#1 Click to Create New Gallery. You have the option to Rename that Gallery. 

#2 Then click ADD TO GALLERY  This will open the Media Manager window. (If you added pictures previously, they will be in there) 

You will then click and browse your Tablet, Phone or Computer and locate the pictures you want to upload. 

#3 Once you have upload the pictures, please CLICK each picture you want to appear in that gallery. 

#4 Once you have CLICKED all the pictures you want to appear in that gallery, click the ADD PICTURES button at the bottom of the Media Manager window. 

You have now created a gallery. You can repeat the process for each gallery you want to create. :

I assumed that if I went to a provider profile and clicked "My Ads" it would list all of her current ads. I see from your post that this button is just for providers to see their ads and is not really client-centric.

12 hours ago, Vildara said:

I assumed that if I went to a provider profile and clicked "My Ads" it would list all of her current ads. I see from your post that this button is just for providers to see their ads and is not really client-centric.

Correct, if you click My Ads on a providers profile page you will be taken to a page that lists All her ads.

My point here is that when I do that, I get a blank screen. It's not a big deal. I can work around.

1 hour ago, Vildara said:

My point here is that when I do that, I get a blank screen. It's not a big deal. I can work around.

Some providers may be new & have yet to post an Ad.......

4 hours ago, Vildara said:

Correct some providers have not posted an ad. You can always bring up their profile , send them a message and ask them to post one:)

Since we are going to keep talking about it. :) 

This is not how I would do this in real life, but it illustrates the issue nicely.

1. I go to the Ads section and search for some one. In this case Scarlett Dayne. She has ads. Four to be exact. I click on Scarlett Dayne
  2. Now I am at her profile page. Everything looks great (in more ways than one!). I click My Ads.
  3. The system shows that she has four ads. But it does not show those ads or those links. Its a blank screen.

So as far as I can tell the only way for me to see what ads a provider has is to do a search from the Ads section. Which is fine. It's just a few extra steps. I thought it was strange and was curious if it was not functioning or if it was on my end. 

Presentation1.jpg

17 hours ago, Vildara said:

Since we are going to keep talking about it. :) 

This is not how I would do this in real life, but it illustrates the issue nicely.

1. I go to the Ads section and search for some one. In this case Scarlett Dayne. She has ads. Four to be exact. I click on Scarlett Dayne
  2. Now I am at her profile page. Everything looks great (in more ways than one!). I click My Ads.
  3. The system shows that she has four ads. But it does not show those ads or those links. Its a blank screen.

So as far as I can tell the only way for me to see what ads a provider has is to do a search from the Ads section. Which is fine. It's just a few extra steps. I thought it was strange and was curious if it was not functioning or if it was on my end. 

Presentation1.jpg

Do you have any ad blocking software on your computer or running in the browser?

Can you see the ad when you click on the title?

You are a genius there, Whisperer. It was AdBlock in Chrome keeping them from showing. I just never think of that plugin running. Thanks for all the help!

11 hours ago, Vildara said:

You are a genius there, Whisperer. It was AdBlock in Chrome keeping them from showing. I just never think of that plugin running. Thanks for all the help!

Actually thank you and Kaduk for your posts. We had an issue like this with another page and thought we resolved it. This page must have been looked over. I have contacted the our tech people so we can fix this...