Is anyone slightly worried about the CISA billed that was passed today?

6 posts in this topic

I believe this totally threatens what's left of our online privacy!! Any comments, concerns, opinion on this??

What was left of privacy went down with the WTC. The hard truth is if you have something that needs to stay private,it has to stay out of the digital realm. 

VPNs are one answer. Private Internet Access offers a very reliable service for a modest fee ($40 per year I think). Then it's not your IP out on everything. Encryption tools, like Gpg4win are helpful, but only if both parties are using encryption. TOR browser is another possible tool, though it's very slow on picture-heavy sites. And, for advanced users, Tails is a pretty nifty operating system.

And, of course, throw away $5 dollar burner phones bought with cash are difficult to follow, even with a Stingray device.

It's unreasonable but the only way to protect your privacy is staying off the grid.

I found a good summary of the controversy in the Forbes website: The Problems Experts And Privacy Advocates Have With The Senate's Cybersecurity Bill

“It’s ironic that so close on the heels of the Snowden disclosures, Congress would be poised to pass legislation that will channel more personal information of Internet users to the NSA unnecessarily”

IVPNs are one answer. Private Internet Access offers a very reliable service for a modest fee ($40 per year I think). Then it's not your IP out on everything. Encryption tools, like Gpg4win are helpful, but only if both parties are using encryption. TOR browser is another possible tool, though it's very slow on picture-heavy sites. And, for advanced users, Tails is a pretty nifty operating system.

And, of course, throw away $5 dollar burner phones bought with cash are difficult to follow, even with a Stingray device.

Thank you for posting this. I don't know anything about this bill that was passed. Ill have educate myself on it later. 

Edited by Nikki Holiday