Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

All things considered...it's not worth it...

8 posts in this topic

Coping with change is no big deal for me in general and in particular TOB has gone through several different incarnations over the years. So I've given it a good look over the past couple of days, made a couple posts to the forums and submitted a review. My opinion for what it's worth is that this newest version IS NOT an improvement of the old. A good example of how consumerism in America has run amuck when capitalist investors like The Whisperer actually think they can charge for a product that's inferior to what we used to get for free.

Set aside for the moment another industry attempt to pick the client's pockets. $20 is reasonable now you say, but what about a year from now or 5 or 10 years. What did P411 start out at and where are the membership fees now; a good example of where TOB is headed down the road!!!

What specifically don't I like about the new site...well gee where do I begin:

The photos on the ad page are all distorted: That's on my normal sized PC screen. Do they look normal on phones or tablets??? Now according to answers to other posts the reason we can't get more ads to a page to get a better overview of providers working that day is the photos and the amount of file space they use. Now life is about choosing one over another but when we can't get either then the system is screwed.

There is no overview of threads to see who has replied since the last time you checked the thread.

The whole site is not user friendly and in particular the review page could use a couple of paragraphs on how to work it. Newbie reviewers are known for being scared away by difficulties.

Visually the whole place is unappealing. Is that because it's designed to be used on smaller hand held devices???

Is a lot of this just my opinion and not representative of the community as a whole? Well we could post a poll and ask everyone...but wait... the new system doesn't offer that feature!!!

Paying more for getting less...now isn't that the American way.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

IMHO it's not a very good right now but I'm optimistic that it will get better. I don't mind the $20 per year. I think that's reasonable but I'd never go for a monthly subscription. I'm also not going to give up my credit card in either case so hopefully they come up with some payment options that are completely private like P411 has. I'm don't want to get caught up in anything like Ashley Madison.

It may be worth $20 now to you but what will it be worth to you in 5yrs especially if only minor tweeks are made and not the improvements you're looking for. For those that think the fees won't be going up we need to meet because I have some prime Florida swamp land for sale at bargain prices ;-)
As for me the new site isn't even as good as the one we used to get for free no matter what improvments they may be able to do.
...Happy Hobbying...
...Crazy Horse...

Edited by Crazy Horse
new site posting confusion

I realize there are still bugs to be worked through and some modifications to be done.

With the needing to register and eventual cost for the Men...does this mean that outside users can no longer view the Ads? This is a concern among the Ladies for this could potentially impact business. A few Ladies have already commented (off board via emails) that since the upgrade they've already seen a reduced number of interests.  Is the future of TOB to eventually follow suite with ECCIE & TER where you need to pay to view the Ladies?

I realize there are still bugs to be worked through and some modifications to be done.

With the needing to register and eventual cost for the Men...does this mean that outside users can no longer view the Ads? This is a concern among the Ladies for this could potentially impact business. A few Ladies have already commented (off board via emails) that since the upgrade they've already seen a reduced number of interests.  Is the future of TOB to eventually follow suite with ECCIE & TER where you need to pay to view the Ladies?

Good question... and you ladies need to calculate that fewer people will be reading your reviews if they have to pay for it.

Also it's not clear to me if standard(free)members will be able to post reviews. I've reread the entire "Why JOIN as a Client with us?" post and it's worded in such a way you'd think that we'll have to pay to post reviews.

I'm a natural born skeptic, that's a burden I have to carry, but keeping an open mind is one thing and being a fool is another. The success of TOB was it's open access to both clients and providers how can that success be replicated when access of any kind is restricted.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse... 

If tob does go that way, the other 2 sites allow access for submitting reviews.

+ 1 (which will now be my default answer until I can build enough posts to be considered credible)

I resigned from TOB for a reason. I continued posting reviews (the most recent of which is now gone), scanning EB and reading the board . Now I have to be a member of the "community" in order to access reviews in a timely manner and avoid a maze of impending obstacles? Nope, don't much care for this and it ain't about the $20. Now I understand why women don't like a hand on the back of their head when they're going....I was already participating and contributing, you didn't have to shove it down my throat. 

+ 1 (which will now be my default answer until I can build enough posts to be considered credible)

I resigned from TOB for a reason. I continued posting reviews (the most recent of which is now gone), scanning EB and reading the board . Now I have to be a member of the "community" in order to access reviews in a timely manner and avoid a maze of impending obstacles? Nope, don't much care for this and it ain't about the $20. Now I understand why women don't like a hand on the back of their head when they're going....I was already participating and contributing, you didn't have to shove it down my throat. 

I laughed, that hand on the back of the head is infuriating!