Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harpo

To whom it may concen .

7 posts in this topic

Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadist.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists?tr=MostViewed

What kind of person would do this?

"... the associations between sadism and GAIT (Global Assessment of Internet Trolling) scores were so strong that it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists." [emphasis added]

Trolls truly enjoy making you feel bad. To quote the authors once more (because this is a truly quotable article):

"Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others. Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!"

So next time you encounter a troll online, remember a few things. (1) These trolls are some truly messed up people and (2) it is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them

Yea...so tell me something I don't know.:D

All of us I think have troll tendencies. It's part of the yin yang of being human, the better angels of our nature constantly struggle with the trolls trying to get out. Nothing wrong with letting the troll out now and then it's only when you let it take control that you find yourself on a slippery slope.

That many people consider troll wars a form of entertainment doesn't help the situation either. Someone should do a study on those tendencies also. As long as they're not on it they don't care who wrecks the train.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

I don't troll. I methodically plan out my next move.

I don't troll. I methodically plan out my next move.

Now that made me chuckle.:D

Thanks...I don't do that often enough.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists?tr=MostViewed

"... the associations between sadism and GAIT (Global Assessment of Internet Trolling) scores were so strong that it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists." [emphasis added]

Trolls truly enjoy making you feel bad. To quote the authors once more (because this is a truly quotable article):

"Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others. Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!"

So next time you encounter a troll online, remember a few things. (1) These trolls are some truly messed up people and (2) it is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them

Post of the year!

The anonymous nature of the Internet makes cowards brave. I would never write anything on the Internet that I would not say to someone face to face. There is no way for me to prove that, but hey, it's the truth. Back in "the day," insults were made face to face and fist fights were the result. That was more violent, but much more honest.

harpo, I've never liked you much, but I'm in full agreement with you on this one

This trolling needs to stop and need to stop now. I've always sad trolls are just complete psychopaths