Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

Do you know a Lamed Vavnic...

4 posts in this topic

...either in or out of this profession? How I got to this question I'll get to in a bit, but first.

Seeing as how it took me 60yrs before running into the concept I'll assume that a few but not many of you know what a Lamed Vavnik is, so to bring everyone up to speed we have these https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080117201002AAF9Bn3 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzadikim_Nistarim . It took me so long because my personal spiritual path is a different kind from Jewish mysticism but I kind of like the concept and can see how it would work in "the real world".;)

So the "This dysfunctional family" thread got me to thinking about the Yin Yang nature of not only this hobby/profession but of humanity in general.

While in those thoughts the concept of "the hooker with a heart of gold" popped up and almost just as soon the 2Big voice in the back of my head:eek: began crying out, "myth", "legend".

Most of the time though I've found that all myths, legends, and old sayings have some sort of kernel of truth to them even if that only is the created dragons of the collective human psyche. If a concept were false to human nature we wouldn't keep it around as a myth, legend, or an old saying.

So were was the kernel of truth in "the hooker with a heart of gold" myth?

Which brought me to my recently found Lamed Vavnik theology. A variation of which is that instead of 36 singular individuals any of us at any time in our lives could be one of the 36. But can a hooker, being a sinner in some eyes also be living a righteous life? It would depend on if your personal theology could or couldn't separate the differences between sins against men and the sins against God.

There are people out there that give everything of themselves to help out those around them and why just because they're in this profession couldn't someone be one of those people. I think that many times our more popular providers are those with a naturally giving nature combined with a good sense of empathy. They know our needs instinctively and act to fulfill them. People that are that way by nature to begin with when acting outside of our hobby/profession could be seen as having a heart of gold.

Now to answer my own question. When I first stumbled across the Lamed Vavnik theology surfing the net there was someone that immediately came to mind. She's been a close personal friend of mine for decades but she's not in the profession although she was considering it when she was younger. She is of course too humble to even consider herself one of the 36 but then that is one of their defining characters.

I find that just like God if there were not people like her out there in the world as well as some of the fine ladies in this profession I would have given up on humanity long ago.

Thoughts anyone? This r-cr--t--n-l(just like the name of God that can't be spoken I'll remove the vowels:D) is starting to wear off so I'm off to find other things to contemplate.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

I'm just going to play the number games here and say your friend isn't the Lamed Vavnic. Keep in mind I had no idea what you are talking about until I read your post. Maybe the 36 are like 36 deities. Or maybe 36 super-Heros like batman, superman wonder women, stretch armstrong, Spider-Man. I hope I didn't just take a theoretical dump on your thoughts. Well that's what you get for asking on the other board.

You are speaking of the Lamed-Vav Tzadikim, or the 36 righteous people who inhabit our world at any one time and keep it from being destroyed by God, much the way he destroyed the cities of Sodem and Germorrah. It is said that these 36 "greet the Shechinah", the divine presence that some describe as The Life Force of all beings.

During an ordinary massage at a very pedestrian Chinese massage parlour in Denver, I experienced a course of energy running through my body the entire session. It felt miraculous and energizing and completely otherworldly.

When I discussed this with a friend, he told me I had been touched by the Shechinah, the divine feminine energy that all women possess and some are able to transmit to men. I am sure that the young girl was unaware of the situation, yet she was a conduit from what I can only describe as a celestial presence.

So, of course, being a courtesan or simply a woman of pleasure, or simply a woman would not exclude one from the ranks of the righteous who serve as a link between the eternal and our brief visit in these fragile bodies.

Some people are getting WAY MORE out of the hobby that I am.