Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

Hey Mace...I loved your latest slap down...

5 posts in this topic

Done wading through this little slap-fest.

No matter how little a few of you try to stay on-topic, the back-handed digs, outright attacks and hall-monitoring attempts are apparent.

To the OP:

If you've been a hobbyist in the past, you know you will find your own level of comfort re: screening. There is a "fast-track" way with consequences or you can go about it with patience, guile and research.

We've all been through it - clients and providers.

From what I've known in the past regarding outing, LE and/or psycho clients/providers - there is responsibility on both sides of the game. If you go about your business feeling invincible, you are asking for the consequences.

While this board was created to help with decisions regarding the game, nobody's opinion on here should be taken as hobby bible quotes. It's all fantasy, entertainment and posturing.

Authoritative yet not abusive, concise and informative; it's not often we see so many thoughts of wisdom packed into so few words, from any of us. If Gina gives out moderator of the month awards you should have July locked up.;)

Sometimes I wonder if such newbie posts aren't really subtle attempts at trolling. At the least they'd be calculated to get some "oh no not this shit again" replies as well as the accompanying "hey try the search function sometime Bozo". Those responses then open the door to the old "let's be helpful here"/"I'm not going to do their work for them" argument and once the arguments start for any reason all the old family feuds come into play.

Any way nice job and thanks for putting up with those of us that can't help but be jerks from time to time.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Sometimes I wonder if such newbie posts aren't really subtle attempts at trolling.

You're probably right. I think that relatively few "newbies" are actually newbies -- they instead have a variety of agendas:

1) Stirring up shit

2) They're lazy & don't want to do any research for themselves

3) Advertising (in the case of some of the 411's)

This is why I frequently say "pick up the fucking phone" or "search the xxx board". It covers all those agendas.

Of course, that evokes the typical white-knight responses, like you mentioned, from folks who say "we were all new once". But they forget something -- most of us, when we were new, got our feet wet by searching forums and review boards and getting some experience.

Whether that makes me a "hall monitor" in someone's eyes, I don't really care.

You're probably right. I think that relatively few "newbies" are actually newbies -- they instead have a variety of agendas:

1) Stirring up shit

2) They're lazy & don't want to do any research for themselves

3) Advertising (in the case of some of the 411's)

This is why I frequently say "pick up the fucking phone" or "search the xxx board". It covers all those agendas.

Of course, that evokes the typical white-knight responses, like you mentioned, from folks who say "we were all new once". But they forget something -- most of us, when we were new, got our feet wet by searching forums and review boards and getting some experience.

Whether that makes me a "hall monitor" in someone's eyes, I don't really care.

So, in essence, what you're saying is: when a newbie comes on to "stir up shit", you're the shit that gets stirred up? :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't think your "pick up the fucking phone" advice is necessary. I seriously doubt there are any out there who saw it and thought: hmmm, maybe I ought to take the advice of some fool who doesn't contribute anything but vitriol.

So, in essence, what you're saying is: when a newbie comes on to "stir up shit", you're the shit that gets stirred up? :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't think your "pick up the fucking phone" advice is necessary. I seriously doubt there are any out there who saw it and thought: hmmm, maybe I ought to take the advice of some fool who doesn't contribute anything but vitriol.

This from the master of mean-spirited, unnecessary posts. :cool: