Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
29er

Phone only?

7 posts in this topic

I've seen several ladies post that they don't do text or email. I'm curious why.

I need to make arrangements during work. I can text or email discreetly. Phone calls not so much.

For those who only do phone does talking to the guy allow you to size him up better than a text/email? Just don't like texting? Have him in caller ID when he shows up?

I am not phone only entirely, initial contact by text or email is great but I don't like to book unless I talk to someone on the phone first.

Talking to someone and hearing their voice is invaluable to me. It can tell me so much that text and email can't. You can fake being nice in an email but it's harder to hide a grumpy demeanor on the phone. Phone is also much faster. If something comes up, or maybe the gent is running late a quick phone call makes life much easier. What usually takes a dozen or so texts for most guys can be accomplished in a ninety second phone call.

I also have this quirk about not texting or emailing my physical address.

I've seen several ladies post that they don't do text or email. I'm curious why.

I need to make arrangements during work. I can text or email discreetly. Phone calls not so much.

For those who only do phone does talking to the guy allow you to size him up better than a text/email? Just don't like texting? Have him in caller ID when he shows up?

From what I've been told, it's a combination. The man's voice says more about him than a brief email message. Plus, email accounts are really easy to create with a fake name, but (unblocked) phone numbers are at least perceived to be safer.

Voice-to-voice is also more personal, which probably makes them more comfortable.

Either make your calls after work, or step outside to make the call.

Frankly, I prefer gals that require a phone call -- somehow it makes them seem more down to earth, and I learn a lot about them from the phone call as well. I don't mind e-mails, but the paradigm that bugs me is the gals that won't do telephone calls or e-mails and insist on texting everything. My hobby phone is one of those old flip-phones and texting is just such a pain. When a gal only wants to text, the image in my mind is of a 19-year-old airhead, which is often wrong, but that is the initial impression.

I've found that ladies who write "phone only, no text" in their ads often mean "first contact by phone only" - probably for the reasons luce and av8r have mentioned. A few times recently, ladies who put "no text" in their ads starting texting me (and responded to my texts) after the initial phone call.