Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Mr. X

I'm losing confidence in search tools

6 posts in this topic

I use Google for phone number and picture searching. Bing as a secondary phone search only. I don't see a reverse photo search on Bing. **Please instruct me if Bing has this feature.*

And finally I use Tinyeye as secondary to Google to search for photos.

Lately I'm getting zero or very limited results from all three search engines. Often no results to the very pictures and phone number from the ad I'm looking at live in another window.

This didn't use to be the case. Any suggestions?

As an aside, Google is my number one choice but Bing often provides more and I'm becoming a fan.

Obviously you are searching BP providers number and photos that you might be interested in seeing to be sure they are ligit. Why not email them and ask them to send you what you need? However, if you search google and Bing and nothing is coming up at all, why would you care? At that point, you either take the risk for your team, or you move on to someone who has plenty to back her up. I mean, "nothing coming up" should obviously tell you that she has no website or reviews so she is probably brand new or LE

I'd move on and try again a few weeks later to see if the situation's changed. Pretty obvious choice.

What VV said. No results actually is a result of probably time to move onto a different ad.

Though I disagree with "or LE". More likely scammers/fakers (seen a trend of late where "just visiting for a few days" providers are using local numbers, so assuming they change up rheir numbers from town to town to cover their tracks).

What VV said. No results actually is a result of probably time to move onto a different ad.

Though I disagree with "or LE". More likely scammers/fakers (seen a trend of late where "just visiting for a few days" providers are using local numbers, so assuming they change up rheir numbers from town to town to cover their tracks).

I have a local "just visiting" phone number for when I'm in Vegas. You can get a new phone for $10, and it makes it easier to keep track of who's calling from where. It isn't solely for people covering their tracks.

Often no results to the very pictures and phone number from the ad I'm looking at live in another window.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Perhaps I'm not explaining myself very well. It use to be when I Googled a phone number it would have several links including the live Backpage ad I was looking at. Now it doesn't always.

Same thing with a reverse photo search from a live ad. How can it miss the location I just copied the picture from?

These searches are different than what they use to be.

Oh well, I'll continue on. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Ok, now I get it.

Yeah, at times, a newish ad might not get quickly added to the search engines. Sometimes several hours. Don't know what the frequency of crawling of BP is and or what the algorithm is, but, seem to recall, at least in Google's case, they are trying to "clean-up" their search results (ie. Less "objectionable" material).

So, guess the VV advice of move on and come back at some later date still stands.