Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boardmember

Postponement due diligence?

3 posts in this topic

What is the accepted protocol for notifying a provider of a postponement?

I prebook with relatively long (5-6 days) lead times because my schedule is a #%$&! joke. (Maybe I should go the other way and just do same day calling?) Anyway, I emailed & P411 PM'd to postpone with three days notice and have not heard back. Other than keep emailing (no phone) what are my options? (I know aside from not rescheduling. )

On the other hand recently I requested an appointment and did not hear back until about an hour before the time with a polite "can't make it." No worries, just seems like the scheduling thing gets a little hectic.

Do most providers like to use the P411 format? Seems like that is just a different mechanism for the same back-and-forth and back-and-forth.

Thanks & hope this didn't devolve into a rant...

IMO you are doing everything right. You gave the lady plenty of time to schedule someone else. Or, not worry about childcare if that is a necessity.

Have you emailed her outside of P411? She may not have the system set up to notify her of a message there.

Email and P411. She did get back to me & no problem rescheduling. Thankfully.

IMO you are doing everything right. You gave the lady plenty of time to schedule someone else. Or, not worry about childcare if that is a necessity.

Have you emailed her outside of P411? She may not have the system set up to notify her of a message there.