Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bowlegged

tineye vs google

6 posts in this topic

Guys and gals, which is better? Tineye or Google image? I cant get Google to work on my moble. Both work on pc no problem.

Google, hands-down.

So, pretty simple how to deal with the fact that it's not working on your mobile device of choice. Basically, have some backup ladies in your to-do list, ones that you've already figured out while on your PC are real and using their own photos. Where Google Image search works. Because...

Lots of fake photo ads on Backpage, so, can pretty much "safely" ignore most the ads in the short term. Never a good idea to go spur of the moment with baby batter on the brain. If you REALLY want to TOFTT, knock yourself out, but odds are long.

Never a good idea to go spur of the moment with baby batter on the brain.

Words to live by!

Guys and gals, which is better? Tineye or Google image? I cant get Google to work on my moble. Both work on pc no problem.

Tineye is a database of commercially copyrighted images. Tineye works for the businesses that are looking to protect their interests.

Advantages of Tineye

Tineye is easy and quick to use and almost every Tineye hit except for the ones from NaughtyReviews.com is a stolen picture.

Disadvantages of Tineye

Tineye ony searches for the copyrighted images supplied by thier customers. It usually can't detect if a provider has stolen another provider's picture, so it's not a good idea to assume that no Tineye Hits means no problems with the picture.

Goggle Image Search compares images and finds similar images based on characteristics of those images.

Advantages of Google Image Search

Google Image Search looks at the entire web and does not limit it's database to a set of customers, so it can detect if the pictures are stolen from another provider. Also, It has a limited ability to identify the owner by matching the images to the search results.

Disadvantages of Google Image Search

It's a little harder to setup and use. You always get search results, but until you look through the links you don't know if there is an issue with the picture unless Google can name the owner in the search results. If Google can name the owner then usually Tineye also has a hit.

You asked which is better. Google Image Serach is better because it can detect more senerios for stolen pictures, but I use both. Tineye is faster and easier to use, so I use it first to see if stolen pictures can be identified quickly via Tineye Hits. If there are no Tineye Hits, then I will use Google Image search to look deeper because it can detect more senerios for stolen pictures.