Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Oxymoron

Banned: Elise

44 posts in this topic

;310505']I don't understand why we were told at all. If it's such a private matter, then keep it to yourself altogether. If you want to make a public notice, explain a bit more about the reasons. To make a commotion about banning her and then refuse to give a real explanation just seems childish more than anything. Like... how does the information you gave out help anyone here? Anyone who cares will want more info, and you refuse to give it, so why post something at all?

That's not the action of a "Sheriff". That's the action of a "town gossip". I guess our Sheriff likes gossip. LOL

JMO

Actually this was handled quite professionally. Quite similiar to what a professional organization would do. However an organization may have not released that it was a policy violation. (this board isn't held to these legal constraints) It's done to try to quell rumors.

Real life response by the mods, accept it or leave.

True, but there has been talk from Gina about lack of capability to appropriately monetize TOB.

There is no "lack of capability". That's actually pretty funny, because I could make TOB a pay site with very little effort and make it generate a very handsome income. I have developers and merchant accounts, and everything that is required on standby.

The only issue I have is that TOB was started as a place where our community could share information, FOR FREE. I am a believer that certain information should be offered at no cost to users, if possible. T.O. is a dear friend of mine, and I am trying to continue what he started, and I'm trying to keep it free for users.

I also believe that life is too short for me to run a site when I am annoyed on a daily basis by ramblings, rantings and accusations, just as I will not run a site where I am offended by the direction some members like to take discussions.

If you don't like the way I run this site, you and anyone else who doesn't like the way I run this site, can take your happy asses elsewhere. I won't (and don't) miss a single one of you.

Keep in mind that I've been running sites for 15 years now, and I've been extremely successful at it. I only want to deal with people who respect the way I do things, because I am the HBIC around here. You don't have to like me, but you do have to play by my rules. Lucky for me, plenty of people are okay with that and those people tend to be respectful, intelligent, DISCREET individuals who have similar outlooks on life, and the hobby, as I do.

If you don't respect the way I do things, that's fine.... buh bye.

;310505']I don't understand why we were told at all. If it's such a private matter, then keep it to yourself altogether. If you want to make a public notice, explain a bit more about the reasons. To make a commotion about banning her and then refuse to give a real explanation just seems childish more than anything. Like... how does the information you gave out help anyone here? Anyone who cares will want more info, and you refuse to give it, so why post something at all?

That's not the action of a "Sheriff". That's the action of a "town gossip". I guess our Sheriff likes gossip. LOL

JMO

Funny, since Gina took over, I find myself stopping by more often, not less. If you say you stop by less frequently now, perhaps the new policies are working exactly as intended. You also seem to think that the board needs Everyone in order to thrive. My belief is that it will succeed at a higher level WITHOUT some of the people who frequent here and whine about all of the injustice occurring. If you think the board needs you more than you need the board, try proving it. Go away then come back a year later and see if the board is gone. If it is, you can tell everyone they should have listened to you. If not, maybe you are part of the problem and not the solution.

As far as Gina telling the board about the banning of an ASP, you might not be seeing the forest through the trees. For one, it lets people know that Elise didn't leave because she is getting out of the business. For her clients, they now know they can still reach her and book with her. Also, it adds a little bite to the bark, so to speak. Now it's clear that if you are a pain in the ass and/or a time waster, you can expect the same fate. Or make it even easier on yourself and everyone else and go find the board that has everything you want. Remember, the world is not your suggestion box. If you think things aren't fair, welcome to adulthood. And if you are still dissatisfied with this board, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

It might be easier for you to understand if you stop thinking of Gina as a sheriff. She is the owner of the board, not a cop. Think "Benevolent Dictator".

+1

Dakotablore, you put it much better than I did.

+1

Dakotablore, you put it much better than I did.

the +1 thing. OMFG are we in high school?

I have never ever seen a mod announce a banning before and I have been on the net since the BB days. But whatever, her house, her rules.

And why does anyone care? Really?

It is a new estrogen heavy website with mods who bounce threads with no rythm or reason that I can see but I just treat it like a chinese puzzle box. I push buttons until I figure it out or get frustrated and say fvck it.

But I do miss the fvcktards....they made great reads and increased the view counts. It was like the nightly news. If it bleeds, it leads.

Unless it is a pussy then it takes 5 days off.

Estrogen heavy, how come no-one referred to it being testosterone heavy when TO was around? We have a woman owner, and women who frequent this site...want more testosterone, just say the word and you can have a cock and ball fest if that's what you want. And TO could ban and do whatever he liked, why is it that Gina does it and a few start spouting the droll estrogen comments...yeah I guess it is high school.

I'm sorry to say that I've decided to permanently ban Elise...While I enjoyed some of her threads and the ensuing discussions, I have some concerns about the way she conducts herself at times and the possible effect on our community...For that reason, I've decided to sever ties with her in regards to TOB and P411...
I think that says it all right there. I personally happen to like Elise, and never had any issues with her. I'm sure there are some other behind-the-scene issues that Mace and Oxy alluded to, but to me it's pretty simple. If any of us conducts ourselves that has a negative effect on the community, we will be banned. I don't know what the magic number of buttons you need to push to do so, but I also believe that the Mods have better things to do then wait around to see who can they ban next!

Besides, there are plenty more sandboxes to play in for fun besides TOB!

don't care why it happened.

don't care that it happened.

I do know that I'll no longer have to spent time ignoring her posts . . . . . and that's a good thing.

Since this thread is still alive, and I'm bored at work, permit me to throw some more gas on the fire. Contrary to the "it's her party and she can do whatever she likes" argument, I feel that I'm a stakeholder times 2.

1. Oxymoron made the statement that some of Elise's conduct could potentially put "our community" at risk. Being part of the "john community" that makes use of the resources of this board, I would like to know some details of said conduct. For reasons of self-preservation, is my email, hobby phone, or some other traceable info perhaps at risk due to some action/interaction with Elise?

2. I pay P411 fees to support OM's illicit empire, so I feel that I am a stakeholder albeit probably a minuscule one.

Kinda like me being an Apple stockholder and customer, I don't want the money associated with my stock nor the money I pay for an Ipad to be used to subsidize an immoral activity such as child labor in asian sweatshops. Not that TOB is in the same category but I do feel that some amount of fairness and transparency is called for.

Ever thought that maybe Elise was just a flat out [ Snip ]? We only get to see tips of icebergs.

Edited by boink36
See rule #9

Since this thread is still alive, and I'm bored at work, permit me to throw some more gas on the fire. Contrary to the "it's her party and she can do whatever she likes" argument, I feel that I'm a stakeholder times 2.

1. Oxymoron made the statement that some of Elise's conduct could potentially put "our community" at risk. Being part of the "john community" that makes use of the resources of this board, I would like to know some details of said conduct. For reasons of self-preservation, is my email, hobby phone, or some other traceable info perhaps at risk due to some action/interaction with Elise?

2. I pay P411 fees to support OM's illicit empire, so I feel that I am a stakeholder albeit probably a minuscule one.

Kinda like me being an Apple stockholder and customer, I don't want the money associated with my stock nor the money I pay for an Ipad to be used to subsidize an immoral activity such as child labor in asian sweatshops. Not that TOB is in the same category but I do feel that some amount of fairness and transparency is called for.

This information is "at risk" everytime you use it.

Estrogen heavy, how come no-one referred to it being testosterone heavy when TO was around? We have a woman owner, and women who frequent this site...want more testosterone, just say the word and you can have a cock and ball fest if that's what you want. And TO could ban and do whatever he liked, why is it that Gina does it and a few start spouting the droll estrogen comments...yeah I guess it is high school.

Because it was testosterone heavy and eveyone knew it? I simply pointed out the change. Am I incorrect? What you call droll makes me lol. Life is like that. Pointing out the obvious is hardly droll IMO. It simply is what it is. If Gina wants to annouce she is dropping the hammer that is her business. But I have never, ever seen it happen before and I find it, well, odd. She can rock on with her bad self but I find that to be a female thing. Men tend to simply drop the hammer. We are different after all, the two sexes. One is not better than the other but neither are they the same. Thank god for that though.

I am not complaining. I am simply observing. TO was the shizz. He ruled with an iron pecker. He even banned me for letting my blind email drop off once.

Actually I think middle high school is more accurate now that I think about it. :rolleyes:

Am going out on a limb here but the members of TOB who have met me know I will speak my mind can't help it was brought up that way. I've been avoiding posting a comment in this thread since it was first posted as to avoid any issues.

I respect Gina how ever am in agreement with some of the other members comments and I also see that this thread has some members more nervous then for give the pun "A whore in church" about their personal information. Am sure the intention of this thread was to try to stop the rumor mill from starting but it seems it started some other issues here in TOB land that where not even a thought it might.

This has not taken attention off Elise as it would of if the band was done and nothing was said in forum yes in PMs things would of been said. What this did was draw attention to her and when one person won't give the details people will turn to the other and see if they will give them hence the bookings of more appointment.

I might be 100% wrong on my opinion of this but hey it's mine and we are all entitled to ours.

I would like to put a stop to the fears of people thinking that ANY of their information is at risk because of what has or has not been said in this thread. Love her or hate her think what you will Elise is NOT the type to EVER put someones information out there so chill out on that whole drama.

Like boink said it's out there and at risk every time you use it.

Case in point a good friend to me who's life was turned upside down because of an ASP and it had nothing to do with any board.

Why not just let this go and move on because Elise has am sure.