• Content count

• Last visited

About Engineidx

• Rank
    Welcome Me

Recent Profile Visitors

479 profile views
  1. Kid in a candy store

I actually did end up seeing a provider from here last night and she was wonderful! She totally put my mind and ease and I had a fantastic time. I had no reason to be worried.
  2. Invisilign Works!

My dentist recommended this for my daughter. I haven't heard what the price will be yet. They were supposed to call me two different times to let me know and they never did. That must mean the sticker shock is going to be huge! lol Thanks! It's good to know that it really works. My daughter definitely wants to try it.
  3. Fresh and clean

I'm a newbie (at least here) and totally need a concierge! lol I have a feeling that if someone actually had that role, they'd be VERY busy!
  4. Remedies ?

The only thing I can think of besides time--which really is the only true solution--is to distract yourself. Find something to do that completely takes your attention away for a little while. For some that could be watching TV or a good movie, going for a bike ride or exercising, playing computer games, or something like that. I'm not a huge gamer, but I do like computer games for that purpose because it completely pulls your focus away from what's bothering me for a little while. Find something like that. At the very least, get outside, get out with friends. Do anything to keep moving forward. And if I ever see you in person, I'll give you a hug if you want, because I'm a huge hugger. :-)
  5. Kid in a candy store

That's going to turn out to be me, too! I haven't seen anyone here, so I'm not verified, and I don't think anyone I have seen is on here. I'm also kind of chicken. Super self-conscious about my age and weight, etc. This world can be kind of intimidating! lol But the people here seem so cool. I love the boards even if I haven't met anyone in person yet.
  6. How to post an avatar

Thanks! As soon as I found that, I knew it was the one. lol
  7. Meaning of term Alternative?

You: "Non-violent fetish" Me: "Hmm...sounds intriguing." You: "Ball kicking" Me: {curls into fetal position and cries}
  8. How to post an avatar

I just joined a couple of days ago and also couldn't figure out how to do it for a while. I was digging around in profile settings and account settings. It wasn't obvious at first. Hopefully you have it figured out now. From one noob to another, welcome!
  9. Other Hobbies?

Reading, making music in my home studio (or procrastinating when I should be doing that), and photography. Or maybe binge-watching various shows on Amazon Prime and Netflix. That often distracts me from my other hobbies. lol
  10. Fourth of July

I can only imagine. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I really hope people in our neighborhood are a little more thoughtful this year, but I'm sure I'll be disappointed. If anything, it gets worse every year.
  11. Fourth of July

Despite being very illegal in my burb, my neighborhood usually sounds like a war zone on the 4th. It was really bad a couple of years ago. A guy a few houses away must have spent a couple thousand dollars on mortars. It was deafening. I really hope we don't get a repeat of that. I really felt bad for all the vets and animals in the area.