Skg

New legislation is a threat to sex workers

4 posts in this topic

With my research on decriminalizing sex work I have run across this insane legislation presented by Senators Lindsey Graham (R) and Richard Blumenthatl (D). In May there will be a hearing on the EARN IT act. the legislation would open a door to online-content screening by a governmental commission serving under U.S. Attorney General William Barr. The bill is to target online child sexual-abuse material and trafficking.       But this bill is an attempt to mandate encryption backdoors. This means ending encryption and platforms that don’t divulge and relinquish user content and personal information and those platforms will be punished. Platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Signal, WeChat, etc. will now be opened up at the government’s discretion. This has frightening consequences to not only sex workers but the entire internet community. This act will allow government to spy on nearly every aspect of American lives on a massive scale. I’ll stop here as it is a bit complicated but google the “EARN IT act” for more information. It goes to vote in May, I am not one to write my representative, but I definitely will call in my objection to this bill. It is VERY important.

Have a good day all.... and hang in there. 

More info: https://www.freepress.net/news/press-releases/earn-it-act-very-bad-bill-gets-its-day-congress

“With my”

Those two words start your post.

Who is the author of this? 

Yikes, this isnt good.