JRWolfe

RIP: Paper Tiger/Club X

32 posts in this topic

I've heard a lot about Aloha Beach but never went there.

2 hours ago, Old_Timer said:

The girls at school used to be much more fun.

Howdy JR.

The girls at school used to be much more fun. If it weren't for the girls and band, I would have dropped out.

I recall that AB got the travelling entertainers. These "stars" would make the rounds of all the big Denver area clubs, like PTs, and would also work the massage parlor at "the Beach."

Sometimes I think it was all in my imagination -- it was so outrageous and fun, (which is no longer allowed.)That's why I appreciate your stories -- they validate my failing memory.

If it wasn't for theater at school.I would not have had so much fun in the thespians lounge..

The late Hal Lowrie used to rotate his dancers in his strip clubs.  I went to the opening night of Boogie Down and saw girls from Aloha Beach and PTs Showclub. Each club had a core group of house girls ,with enough rotating/traveling girls to,as he put it,"keep the meat fresh."  Hal was never a fan of booking big name feature dancers. His son Troy booked feature dancers for a couple of years,long after his dad passed.