Bit Banger

Sugar Babies in college

3 posts in this topic

Found an article ranking US colleges on the number of sugar babies registered, according to seekingarrangement.com.  CU-Boulder barely makes the list.

This is basically just marketing from SeekingArrangement. They put out a piece like this every so often.

^ ... and those are not even my own words, I'm merely quoting a post from two years ago that I found on a different board:

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1054847933&postcount=2

... which was a reaction to someone else posting a link to this story on KENS5 Eyewitness News, San Antonio TX:

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/local/2014/06/27/10642718/

"College students use 'sugar daddy' website for tuition"

I'm glad I skimmed the article, because this part made me laugh:

Ari signed on to be a sugar baby on her terms.

I'm a virgin. We're not doing it. We're not doing anything sexual, Ari said.

A man 15 years her senior sought out to be Ari's sugar daddy.

Every time he would fly in, we would hang out, and he would just give me money, Ari said. He was like, 'Oh, it's just gas money,' and it would be, like, two and three hundred bucks here and there. And I'd be like, 'Oh, cool.'

Hmm, multi $100 donations to a virgin college student who plans to stay that way ... exactly the type of relationship everyone on TOB is looking for, amirite :D

But then I read the next sentence:

And then each time he'd come, he'd give me more money, and we'd go do anything I wanted to do.

The unfortunate placement of that common innocent word "come" made me laugh more.

Not particularly interesting number, seeing that CU Boulder has 31,000 students. Working on assumption 15,500 women there...

Sure, as N6 said, smacks of advertising for the sugar baby site, and could (probably?) be more women out there doing it via other sites. But assuming similar numbers, still not a lot of SBs in school. Probably still doing it the old fashioned way: waitress jobs. Or in the case of CU, what with the amount of CA, NY, TX license plates near campus, their real daddy.