Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ceeu2nite

New reviews scoring standards, where to find them?

3 posts in this topic

Still getting used to the new board, thanks to mods/management for the effort to create this new playground. The old rev scoring system was easy enough to understand, but what standard does the board use to covert it into the new 10-0 system? For example, when I lookd at an old review with a score of 7 or 8, I couldnt help to think was it a very good or average under the old system? Is there an official guideline for the reviewer to useto write a review? Or a tool for us to use to convert btw old and new systems?  I looked through the whole board and failed to find one. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. 

I'm sure a mod will chime in, but the numbering system is more subjective (or the same) as the previous FANTASTIC, VERY GOOD, AVERAGE etc in the old review system.  One persons Fantastic maybe a 10 on the new system, or an 8 for VG, whereas the next guys 7+ maybe FANTASTIC and 5 VERY GOOD.

It will be interesting over the next few months to see where the ladies scores shake out, especially the ones with 10+ reviews in the new review system!

Still getting used to the new board, thanks to mods/management for the effort to create this new playground. The old rev scoring system was easy enough to understand, but what standard does the board use to covert it into the new 10-0 system? For example, when I lookd at an old review with a score of 7 or 8, I couldnt help to think was it a very good or average under the old system? Is there an official guideline for the reviewer to useto write a review? Or a tool for us to use to convert btw old and new systems?  I looked through the whole board and failed to find one. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. 

This was partially covered in the post titled The Merge at the top of the Colorado forum. However, we will create a simple conversion tool for you and post it:) regardless if you rate fantastic or 10 it is all subjective. ;)

REVIEWS

...We also used a conversion tool for the initial Looks and Service rating. The service rating should be pretty close, but the looks rating was derived from the service rating and other information contained within the review. As this is the case when more reviews are submitted after the 8/16/15 migration date for that provider the looks rating should become more inline with a fair average representation rating.