Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BadBoy

My New Perspective on No Shows

3 posts in this topic

First - let me be clear, I have never been a no-show myself, but I have had the annoying experience of planning my day around a date, really looking forward to it, driving to the check-in location, only to be met with total radio silence while I sit there for an hour (I am really patient).  Really pisses me off, and I write reviews.  Only has happened to me 3-4 times, but it is really inconvenient, so I certainly understand why the ladies get pissed off when it happens to them.

A couple days ago, it happened again, and I was particularly cranky because she had a great reputation, was very highly rated, quite gorgeous, and I have really been wanting to meet her for quite a while (plus it had been particularly difficult to clear a mutually convenient time).  So when the time came, and I drove to the vicinity, and she didn't reply to my phone call, my text, and finally my e-mail, I sent her a very cranky e-mail, that I immediately regretted sending (what if she was hurt, was kidnapped, was sick, was in a car wreck...)

Because of the misgivings, I waited on the no-show review, and am really glad I did, because she just e-mailed me that she was so very sorry, but hadn't seen her e-mails for several days because she was in the hospital.  I believe her, because that is much more in line with her reputation than simply being a NCNS.

Glad I didn't give her the first negative review.

I guess my point is that we are all people here with lives and schedules and feelings - things do happen and things do come up but it would be a better place if guys who get cold feet, etc., and ladies who change their mind would simply communicate.  It would cut down on the hardening of feelings all around, and when it does happen, we would not assume the worst and write cranky e-mails.  I have learned my lesson.

In recent years I've only had to write one NCNS review and it was after waiting several days and giving the YL more than ample time to get in touch with me. I'm a sucker for just about any nebulas excuse a lady can come up with, car troubles, family problems even the alarm not going off. Just give me any old excuse and we'll reschedule or if not possible I'll just figure that the universe meant for it not to be. Leave me hanging though with no attempt at communication at all and I've just became a pissed off client more than willing to bad mouth your business on our version of Angie's list.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

I'm a sucker for just about any nebulas excuse a lady can come up with, car troubles, family problems even the alarm not going off. Just give me any old excuse and we'll reschedule or if not possible I'll just figure that the universe meant for it not to be

Like "I was kidnapped by Klingons and taken to the Carina Nebulae"

nebulae-283.thumb.jpg.8623b8a4bf4298f964