Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bit Banger

More data on the myths of sex trafficking

4 posts in this topic

On another board a member provided some information regarding a 'new' study of the sex industry, complete with link to the source article. The graphs illustrate some interesting reasons about why people start & stay in the sex industry.

For the TLDR crowd, support organizations fail to address the issues involved.

On another board a member provided some information regarding a 'new' study of the sex industry, complete with link to the source article. The graphs illustrate some interesting reasons about why people start & stay in the sex industry.

For the TLDR crowd, support organizations fail to address the issues involved.

I found the article quite interesting. Thank you for posting. I am fascinated by motivations, and this article does better than most in laying them out.

On the other end of the scale, there's this brand new "save-a-hooker" show:

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/12/10/prostitute-intervention-reality-show

I'm going to be one of the stars. I hold the record. It only takes me 2 minutes to convince a provider she should spend 40 hours a week washing cars rather than have sex with me for money.

Interesting.

The article says he has a 50/50 chance to flip the gal & get her to sneak out with him. I wonder what his 3,6,12 month success rate it. Some of the restuarant/bar rehab show do a 2 or 6 month follow up visit. On as show the other day part of the rehab was a name change. Two months later the owner had changed the name back (after trying for 3wks) and business was tanking again.