Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Likenthrope

SAA

5 posts in this topic

Anyone here gone to a meeting? Is it just like AA or NA, just with sex? I've always wondered about it. Alcohol and narcotics aren't like sex, sex is a basic primal urge. How could you be expected to remain "clean"?

I'm planning on going this week, but am terribly conflicted about it.

Anyone here gone to a meeting? Is it just like AA or NA, just with sex? I've always wondered about it. Alcohol and narcotics aren't like sex, sex is a basic primal urge. How could you be expected to remain "clean"?

I'm planning on going this week, but am terribly conflicted about it.

If you believe that your sex life is a problem for you, then you ought to try to do something about that. Trying something out: going to a meeting, read a book, meet with a shrink, doesn't commit you to anything beyond investigation to see if something seems like a promising cure for what ails you.

If you believe that your sex life is a problem for you, then you ought to try to do something about that. Trying something out: going to a meeting, read a book, meet with a shrink, doesn't commit you to anything beyond investigation to see if something seems like a promising cure for what ails you.

It's women, women are what ails me. They're so fucking fantastic and so fucking terrible at the same time. But yeah, I'm a little too sexually active for my age and it's just never enough, and it interferes with my quality of life. So I'm gonna go see if there are others out there like me who would have some advice and a few practical solutions.

It's women, women are what ails me. They're so fucking fantastic and so fucking terrible at the same time. But yeah, I'm a little too sexually active for my age and it's just never enough, and it interferes with my quality of life. So I'm gonna go see if there are others out there like me who would have some advice and a few practical solutions.

There is no such thing as too sexually active, at any age! There is healthy/positive sex and sex that negatively impacts your life. What it really comes down to is the ability to own your behavior and recognize the patterns that lead to the questionable choices so you can break the cycle.

The word no wasn't in my vocabulary in my 20s, sex interfered with everything and made my 20s very chaotic. I have done some very regrettable and dare I say slutty things, many were also fantastic but those regrettable hook-ups haunted me for a long time. I am not too far removed from my 20s and my sex drive is still stupidly high but I have shifted my attitude towards sex. It's not so high up on the priority list. I learned first of all what I really wanted and then where to seek it out and how to ask for it. Oh and I taught myself to say no, especially when I knew it might have negative consequences.

As harsh as it may seem but also like many other addicts, eventually you have to pull your head out of your ass. Realize that you have to take some of the blame for the choices you make.

Women aren't the problem it's your inability to control yourself in all our glory :P