Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urfan

sex addiction no longer a go-to excuse

4 posts in this topic

horror of horrors, the new bible of the American Psychiatric Association (DSM-5) is de-listing sex addiction from its approved list of disorders. the new genteel euphamism is now dubbed 'hypersexual disorder' - ironic, no?

seems as though the shrinks are suggesting that notorious celebrity satyrs like tiger woods, russell brand (and quite a few around here i suspect) are considered to be merely compulsive or impulsive. technology shows the brain doesn't respond to lots and lots of sex in the same way it responds to other feel-good stimuli like gambling, eating and intoxicating substances.

so however we rationalize our participation in the hobby, there appears to now be one less clinically accepted diagnosis.

here's a link for the non-TLDR among us:

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/features/is-sex-addiction-real

Difference between addiction and disorder.

Addiction- Is associated with compulsion or dependence or both.

Disorder- is associated with a confusion or lack of normality

or you can have both compulsion-obsessive disorders.

I know there are medication for certain diseases like Parkinson Disease that make a man hyper-sexual. They can not get enough of sex, really sad

So which one would you choose too be associated with addiction or disorder ?

Lilithia

Edited by lilithia
who knows

so let me get this straight - all i have to do is fake paralysis agitans and i too can be a hyper-sexual?

You mean you currently are not????? who would have guessed. You may might want to reread the article again.

lilithia