wglide2003

Stock Show Time Again

3 posts in this topic

OMG! That is flippin’ hilarious! I will laugh with this the rest of my life! Thanks for sharing!

I confess, the YouTube video that starts this thread sent me tumbling down memory lane this morning when I watched it. First up was a vivid memory of Steve Miller’s, The Joker (“Some people call me a space cowboy.”) Wow! That takes me back to chasing tight denim jeans, white blouses leaving little to the imagination, and tight, young cowgirls. Damn! Fun memories! The song was simply the background music. I can’t stop grinning. 

lol. Steve Miller Band wasn’t necessarily my favorite version. Years later, I heard another fun version while watching a movie with my children. Segue into the next song that my canine flatmates watched me shake it to this morning. Pink simply stirs my senses when she suggests I’ll ‘make you wish there were 48 hours to a day’. Oh, yes! I remember getting lost in the pleasures of my lovers. Yes! ‘Tell Me Something Good’! Not exactly cowboy music...but an anthem of my life. 

Lastly...(and thanks for humoring me), life’s currents shifted and changed and the memories circle like a band of conestoga wagons for a night of safe repose. I’m on the dance floor at P.T.’s on Evans. I’d always end my evening there with a request of Kid Rock’s. (circling back to the topic at hand - cowboy) Wanton women - married, single, tall, short, but certainly no strings. Gawd! I loved that place! 

Cowboy? Moi? Nope. “That’s a lesson learned long ago. I’m just a man.” 😎