HoustonHobbyMan

can p411 be blocked in the US?

4 posts in this topic

I won't be surprised if the US government tries to block material from this Canadian company.  

Anything is possible (but I would think unlikely - I think the Feds are more focused on what's in their reach right now).  But if the site remains up just blocked by US based ISP's, using a VPN tunnel to appear to be coming from another company would work.  Some browsers are starting to build that functionality into them (I think Opera was discussing it).  At any rate, I haven't heard of any US based ISP's (Internet Service Providers) blocking anything at the behest of the US Government.  TER is blocking US IP's on their own.  Eccie is offline in some fashion.  BP was taken offline by the Feds (their servers, not blocked by ISP's).  I think if the Feds were going to block something, they would have looked at terrorist sites long ago.  I think it's not a can of worms they want to open...yet.

I think it's a good idea to use a VPN service for privacy regardless of what ISPs do. Jagcs is right, Opera has a built in vpn it provides for free. You can also find free vpn apps for android phones and tablets. The free options can be slow at times depending on demand so you can opt for a paid service that might run a bit faster.

I use a VPN so I can still get on TER as well. It's so crazy all the sites going down.