Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
licker69

Review conversion: L,S, and A

2 posts in this topic

Clearly the reviews have been converted with massive grade inflation. Whatever conversion algorithm was used needs to be explicitly stated, and should be modified. In my case I have given actual and explicit  L,S,A (looks, Service, and Attitude) scores for all of my reviews, but the conversions gives the same value to Looks and Service, turned all the good sessions into perfect L=10, S=10 scores, and 3Gs into L=S=7, and ignored the actual Looks and Service scores explicitly in the reviews. Giving 3G sessions L=S=7 is absurd and shows built in grade inflation to the point of a worthless review system.

If I was going to make a conversion algorithm, I would assign service points for each activity listed even though some would find such a scoring distatasteful, but for an automated conversion it makes sense. Looks would be much harder to convert without serious AI, but assigning L=S is ridiculous. My experience is often anti-correlated with the best service from older and less stunning providers who dont have to just rely on looks. That is also why I like an attitude score, since attitude really determines the quality of a session, and if I will return. I would suggest adding A=attitude, and following the old WSG L,S,A scoring paradigm.

So what was the conversion algorithm used?

Clearly the reviews have been converted with massive grade inflation. Whatever conversion algorithm was used needs to be explicitly stated, and should be modified. In my case I have given actual and explicit  L,S,A (looks, Service, and Attitude) scores for all of my reviews, but the conversions gives the same value to Looks and Service, turned all the good sessions into perfect L=10, S=10 scores, and 3Gs into L=S=7, and ignored the actual Looks and Service scores explicitly in the reviews. Giving 3G sessions L=S=7 is absurd and shows built in grade inflation to the point of a worthless review system.

If I was going to make a conversion algorithm, I would assign service points for each activity listed even though some would find such a scoring distatasteful, but for an automated conversion it makes sense. Looks would be much harder to convert without serious AI, but assigning L=S is ridiculous. My experience is often anti-correlated with the best service from older and less stunning providers who dont have to just rely on looks. That is also why I like an attitude score, since attitude really determines the quality of a session, and if I will return. I would suggest adding A=attitude, and following the old WSG L,S,A scoring paradigm.

So what was the conversion algorithm used?

Review Update: http://theotherboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34953-reviews/&do=findComment&comment=359232