Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest pejo

Self-review?

12 posts in this topic

Francesca:

http://www.tobreviews.com/index.cfm?show_all_reviews=yes&asp=6268

This feels like a self review (or fake review) to me. The reviewer is "ordinaryguy" and this is his only review. It's also the only review of this provider I can find here, or on any other site. Also, the "Comments" just seem a bit off to me.

FWIW, someone with the handle "ordinaryguy" has a forum profile as well, and has posted exactly one time.

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36974

Maybe I am just seeing ghosts?

Edited by Kaduk

If legitimacy is your issue she sure seems legit. Albeit a little to rich for my blood and when you go to her website her photos are password protected. As for the review. Who knows. It does seem a little on the over the top side and keeping the details to yourself is just a little lame. Almost like it was a self review that didn't want to promise too much. I dunno. Based solely on the price point and the lack of reviews I myself would pass and see what happens. Of course though if I was flush with cash I might TOFTT. If you do go hope you post a good review and let us all know the deal.

Thanks. Yeah, probably won't TOFTT at $450 for the session. That price point requires rock-solid reviews. Also, as someone pointed out to me by PM, the fact that the comment section of the review mentions a "5-star hotel" with a "VIP Suite" that is located in DTC makes the review HIGHLY questionable. No 5 star hotels in DTC, are there?

If legitimacy is your issue she sure seems legit. Albeit a little to rich for my blood and when you go to her website her photos are password protected.

As well all know iv been outed so many times. I feel she did the right thing about having her photos locked and password protected. If this gets in hands of the wrong provider, there are major consequences. Years ago I didn't know any better about showing my face. Back then I had no idea what kind of consequences I would suffer.

I had no idea there where major risks until I moved to Denver.

As well all know iv been outed so many times. I feel she did the right thing about having her photos locked and password protected. If this gets in hands of the wrong provider, there are major consequences. Years ago I didn't know any better about showing my face. Back then I had no idea what kind of consequences I would suffer.

I had no idea there where major risks until I moved to Denver.

So why have a photo link? Especially one that takes you to the photo bucket web site and it's not integrated into the site itself. Just seems somehow off to me

So why have a photo link? Especially one that takes you to the photo bucket web site and it's not integrated into the site itself. Just seems somehow off to me

Because she can choose who get's the option of seeing her pictures and when.

But maybe there are other reasons for it. IDK...

Because she can choose who get's the option of seeing her pictures and when.

But maybe there are other reasons for it. IDK...

I would go with that also but there is nothing that directs you to contact her for access or anything like that. I'm really thinking it's an over site on the site. A mistake if you will. Could be though exactly what you said. I just think it's a little off putting the way it's handled

Photobucket is garbage. She's probably using a pre-made link from the photobucket site and didn't know any better. If she had just linked the image, you wouldn't even be able to click on it.

Photobucket is garbage. She's probably using a pre-made link from the photobucket site and didn't know any better. If she had just linked the image, you wouldn't even be able to click on it.

Yea that's what I was thinking, a mistake in web design.

While it's one thing to suspect a review is a self review, it's another thing to suggest as much in public. It can be very damaging to the provider's reputation, and offensive to the client who spent the time writing and posting the review.

Ordinaryguy is a legitimate client.

In the future, I would suggest keeping your suspicions to yourself unless you are certain that you are correct.