sparkey600

Want a better retirement?

216 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Again, the US workforce is speaking: we want unions! And when do we want it? NOW! https://www.axios.com/2023/01/23/union-members-fall-labor-popularity-rises. Ignoring or indulging yourself in corporate interests, you're giving peasants way too much credit for making good choices. Good as in, in their best interests.

If these guys think finding good pussy is hard, they have no idea all the back channeling it takes for two dozen states to pass "Right to Work" laws, making collective bargaining yesterday's news, while stripping just about all employment protections out of the equation https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2023/09/04/us-union-membership-shrinking/70740125007/. It's CAPITALISM font yuge.

Incidentally. Fuck what you heard. Shout out to those California strippers that got it done! Woot! Well on their way to minimum wage plus tips, that shit got good to them and they'll be collecting unemployment in no time. https://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/Nations-Only-Unionized-Strippers-to-Stage-Unfair-Labor-Practice-Strike-in-LA-20231204.

16 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

your link is like your mind ................ broken, can't be reached.

given the terms in it, I am sure it is all bullshit anyway ;)

Edited by gr8owl

5 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

LOL.  Slugs, organizers and supporters are doing a horrific job of advancing their cause.  Fact is...only 11% of the US workforce is union and that number will continue on the downward slope.  People are not buying union BS anymore.  

And if you're such a union slug, organizer or supporter?  Start your own business today and be sure to unionize it on day one.  

5 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Again, the US workforce is speaking: we want unions! And when do we want it? NOW! https://www.axios.com/2023/01/23/union-members-fall-labor-popularity-rises. Ignoring or indulging yourself in corporate interests, you're giving peasants way too much credit for making good choices. Good as in, in their best interests.

If these guys think finding good pussy is hard, they have no idea all the back channeling it takes for two dozen states to pass "Right to Work" laws, making collective bargaining yesterday's news, while stripping just about all employment protections out of the equation. It's CAPITALISM font yuge.

Incidentally. Fuck what you heard. Shout out to those California strippers that got it done! Woot! Well on their way to minimum wage plus tips, that shit got good to them and they'll be collecting unemployment in no time. https://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/Nations-Only-Unionized-Strippers-to-Stage-Unfair-Labor-Practice-Strike-in-LA-20231204.

10 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Whoopie for your claim that unions ,must be "slug" infested if the number of union members is shrinking.  Like saying Kia sells more cars than BMW so they must be superior.  Explain why you want to return to the Robber Baron days (doubt you have a clue what that even means) or some well thought out and brilliant reason for why being union free would not take us right back.

I dont have to go point by point.  Fact is that that unions are a flat out waste and the US workforce is speaking.  If it was so awesome, the trend would be going the opposite way.  

Give me a motivated non-union charter school teacher all day long vs some slug who is tenured and still thinks the world is flat.  And yes...unions are flat out slug infested.  

8 hours ago, gr8owl said:

your link is like your mind ................ broken, can't be reached.

given the terms in it, I am sure it is all bullshit anyway ;)

That's what I get for trying to align with vapid owls. Looking at the site right now, IDK if it is actually your mind or superior tech savvy but, try searching for

Chris Harman - From feudalism to capitalism
(Winter 1989)

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

3 hours ago, Might As Well said:

LOL.  Slugs, organizers and supporters are doing a horrific job of advancing their cause.  Fact is...only 11% of the US workforce is union and that number will continue on the downward slope.  People are not buying union BS anymore.  

And if you're such a union slug, organizer or supporter?  Start your own business today and be sure to unionize it on day one.  

I dont have to go point by point.  Fact is that that unions are a flat out waste and the US workforce is speaking.  If it was so awesome, the trend would be going the opposite way.  

Give me a motivated non-union charter school teacher all day long vs some slug who is tenured and still thinks the world is flat.  And yes...unions are flat out slug infested.  

Try a discussion and expounding on how corporate interests making us a right to work nation has more to do with it than you care to acknowledge.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

14 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

That's what I get for trying to align with vapid owls. Looking at the site right now, IDK if it is actually your mind or superior tech savvy but, try searching for

(Winter 1989)

Marxists Internet Archive

21 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Try a discussion and expounding on how corporate interests making us a right to work nation has more to do with it than you care to acknowledge.

WTG hairsplitter.  Never denied the absolute awesomeness of R2W.  11% union slugs are left in the country....let's get to 8% and keep rolling to 0%.

2 minutes ago, Might As Well said:

WTG hairsplitter.  Never denied the absolute awesomeness of R2W.  11% union slugs are left in the country....let's get to 8% and keep rolling to 0%.

Right. So it's not the U.S. peasantry, who generally support the labor movement, but the overlords at the helm of this. Got it. Next stop, Hunger Games.

2 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

(Winter 1989)

And the horse you rode in on troll boy - the link you posted does not work.  And no, I am not going to go searching for something you are not capable of posting a valid link for.  Trying to align with?  Who could tell with the usual incoherent stream of jumbled thoughts?

2 hours ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Fall and bump your head?  You make sense and are correct for once!

1 hour ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Right. So it's not the U.S. peasantry, who generally support the labor movement, but the overlords at the helm of this. Got it. Next stop, Hunger Games.

Peasants.  Overlords.  Unions.  All stuff of a bygone time.  11%...and dropping.

21 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Didnt brag one bit...just a statement of fact.  People have different feelings about transparency with money.  I get that and could care less about impressing anyone, let alone here.  Used it to illustrate you dont need a union to have a net worth that is worth something.

Calling a union supporter what they are?  Will do that all day long.  

If you feel the need to state your net worth, IT IS BRAGGING. And none of us could care less what your net worth is today, tomorrow or 10 years from now.

What we care about is your personality. So far it sucks.

As far as saying you are “calling a union supporter what they are”…it just goes to show what your personality really is and a complete and total lack of respect for your fellow human being.

There is absolutely no need to call someone a name just because they believe in something different than what you believe in. That’s what an insecure child or bully does.

58 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

And the horse you rode in on troll boy - the link you posted does not work.  And no, I am not going to go searching for something you are not capable of posting a valid link for.  Trying to align with?  Who could tell with the usual incoherent stream of jumbled thoughts?

Able to open the .onion link from my cloaked IP ;) just fine, I wasn't able to from a regular browser so I searched for, found, and opened it otherwise but, what you do with your limited capacity is no skin off my back. Have fun with your misery!

34 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

If you feel the need to state your net worth, IT IS BRAGGING. And none of us could care less what your net worth is today, tomorrow or 10 years from now.

As far as saying you are “calling a union supporter what they are”…it just goes to show what your personality really is and a complete and total lack of respect for your fellow human being.

There is absolutely no need to call someone a name just because they believe in something different than what you believe in. That’s what an insecure child or bully does.

Short answer?  No.

Brevity.  Give it a shot.

Just a late thread reminder:

Regardless of union membership, assets, annual income, and any number of other superficial metrics, we are all headed to the same end which is dead as a fucking door nail(sorta like this thread).

8 hours ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

Regardless of union membership, assets, annual income, and any number of other superficial metrics, we are all headed to the same end which is dead as a fucking door nail(sorta like this thread).

Yep, it needs to be killed. Mods?

12 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Well said my friend. Aside from everything else, what matters here is a person's character or lack of. We al on this board have seen more than a couple of trolls that want to tell us how things should be only to see them all get shot down for whatever reason. I for one agree with you 100% This person has 32 posts and not one is a positive post.

6 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Yep, it needs to be killed. Mods?

LOL.  Calling out to the Mods like you do to your shop steward when you don't like what you see?  

Edited by Might As Well

9 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Well said my friend. Aside from everything else, what matters here is a person's character or lack of. We al on this board have seen more than a couple of trolls that want to tell us how things should be only to see them all get shot down for whatever reason. I for one agree with you 100% This person has 32 posts and not one is a positive post.

32 Posts...1903 posts...19300 posts....etc.  To each their own, but the only person who gives a rip about quantity of posts is you.  

A stat that does matter?  89% of the US Workforce - and growing - remains union-free.

1 hour ago, Might As Well said:

LOL.  Calling out to the Mods like you do to your shop steward when you don't like what you see?  

Easily the most pathetic dudes I've ever had the pleasure of not knowing, you have not been much for meaningful discussion either.

1 hour ago, Might As Well said:

32 Posts...1903 posts...19300 posts....etc.  To each their own, but the only person who gives a rip about quantity of posts is you.  

A stat that does matter?  89% of the US Workforce - and growing - remains union-free.

$1.6, $2, $10, a $zillion million. All of it is not worth the paper one is written on. And then the lights go out.

Edited by Hobby Hobbit

14 minutes ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Easily the most pathetic dudes I've ever had the pleasure of not knowing, you have not been much for meaningful discussion either.

LOL on your thoughts on the OP.  Other thought?  Meh...whatever.

On 12/5/2023 at 7:06 AM, Hobby Hobbit said:

Thanks, I love this response dude.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, MrReindeer-9515 said:

I disagree, let's this thread play out no matter what this Junior member says, or seems to profess.

On 12/6/2023 at 7:52 AM, Might As Well said:

Dear troll, I want to thank you for posting this. You are making SO many friends on here despite what you're opinions of exploiting workers in your "company" and I use this with MUCH digression, because you said you were a MULTI MILLINONARE but never mentioned your course of said riches were or what you business   might be  and are  making SO MUCH MONEY!

Fess up or shut up, Country Club, What have you to say for your wealth? Other than taking advantage of your employees?  Do you have a lot of poor immigrants working for you? Tell us all about all of the benefits you pay to the people that work for you! Waiting for your lies on this one. Ball is in your court, Country Club. Dazzle us with your bullshit. If you are HALF as successful as you say, and that is very suspect, than you are taking advantage of other people. 

SHAME on you for this. YOU are nothing but a TROLL for dissing people like me that are trying to get a better wage for the average worker that's working for a rich douche like you!

And yes, posts here matter, All of have seen people like you came and go. Nobody cares too much about a 35 or 37 post troll and passes them by.

My advice? Move on to something or somewhere your opinion matters, because it doesn't matter on this board Mr Troll 

On 12/6/2023 at 4:42 AM, Might As Well said:

We don't have shop stewards where we reside. My employees work hard or get fired. Plain and simple.

The ones that get fired go to seek employment with a less paying employer like you, because they couldn't  produce at an Union level. Happy to pass them on to you and yours. Country Club. Remind us what businesses are you in again? We're all curious. Really! I mean since you you are a MULTI MILLIONARRE at such a young age. Tell us your secret of acquiring such wealth....Waiting for your reply, Country Club.

I bet you never fucked no one ever!

On 12/6/2023 at 9:27 AM, Hobby Hobbit said:

OMG have we agreed on something! LOL! Agree to disagree is nice sometimes!

On 12/1/2023 at 5:43 PM, Might As Well said:

Yup....$1.6M and counting.  How about you?

I’ve been following this thread with great amusement but $1.6 million is in reality not a lot of money. 

9 hours ago, contrails said:

I’ve been following this thread with great amusement but $1.6 million is in reality not a lot of money. 

Compared to Bill Gates?  You are correct.  That net worth - and growing - compared to 97-99% of the population?  Yea.  It's a figure worth noting.

On 12/6/2023 at 9:27 AM, Hobby Hobbit said:

LOL on your thoughts on the OP.  Other thought?  Meh...whatever.

On 12/7/2023 at 11:56 PM, sparkey600 said:

We don't have shop stewards where we reside. My employees work hard or get fired. Plain and simple.

The ones that get fired go to seek employment with a less paying employer like you, because they couldn't  produce at an Union level. Happy to pass them on to you and yours. Country Club. Remind us what businesses are you in again? We're all curious. Really! I mean since you you are a MULTI MILLIONARRE at such a young age. Tell us your secret of acquiring such wealth....Waiting for your reply, Country Club.

I bet you never fucked no one ever!

LOL.  We've covered all of this before.  

But good news!  [Snip] are now down to only 10.1% of the workforce!  
https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2023/union-membership-rate-fell-by-0-2-percentage-point-to-10-1-percent-in-2022.htm#:~:text=The union membership rate was,membership rate was 20.1 percent.

Edited by Kaduk
intended to antagonize