Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sven Hertzog

What is your favorite memory from your teen/adult years?

10 posts in this topic

My life so far hasn’t been that exciting, but I remember a “party”, more like a few friends drinking together, and we were all a bit drunk. We went outside, because there was cops visiting my neighbors. We were curious and we went to investigate what was happening. We were trying to be quiet, didn’t go very well, and the cops flashed light towards us. It was nighttime. Anyways, we all got very scared and jumped away to the nearest hiding spot. Bushes. I was able to hide behind a tree, but I was almost caught because I fell but I managed to hide before they saw me. We all hid, and eventually they left us. We were all pretty scared to get caught. It’s not like we did anything illegal, but yeah. My heartbeat was racing. I don’t know why my neighbors called the police, but I’m not going to ask. It’s about 1–2 years ago now. But it was a fun night and we all had a laugh about it.

Here is a funny memory from long, long ago....

I was separated from now ex-wife and a co-worker and I shared an apartment across the street for Loretto Heights on Federal Blvd. (The apartment manager was an ass)

Anyways, my roommate and I were having a party and there were roughly 30 people or so in our small apartment. Lots of beer and Boone's Farm was being consumed.  After a few hours we were all hungry and since one of the guys at our party was a manager at KFC, it was decided that he and I would go to the store in the middle of the night and cook up fried chicken and bring it back along with sides of baked beans, biscuits, etc.

By the time we got back, the apartment manager had called the police and a couple fo the guys got arrested for something minor.

Well the party was over and only a handful of guys and a 3 or 4 girls were still around by the time we got back.

We took up a bail collection and sort of moved the party to DPD headquarters on 13th street downtown to bail out the guys.  While we were waiting on them to be released, we brought the fried chicken and sides into the police station and offered to share the food with the police.  One of the guys leaned against the windowsill to the on-duty officer and ate baked beans right in front of him.  We all thought this was funny at the time.

After the guys were released, we all went back to our apartment and it was discovered that 2 of the girls purses were missing their wallets.

The police were called and guess who showed up...the same 2 officers who originally showed up to break up the party.  they had to wade through ankle deep beer cans when they came in.

They took the reports and joked with us the whole time about it looked like we were having a great party and didn't sound to noisy when they showed up, but had to do stop the party since the building manager called in to complain.

They even joked with the 2 guys they had busted earlier.

That is one night I'll never forget.

On 5/20/2022 at 3:04 PM, Bit Banger said:

HS graduation.

Earning my beret.

Back then earning the beret was something special. Not so much anymore since it is now the standard head cover.

19 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Back then earning the beret was something special. Not so much anymore since it is now the standard head cover.

Well, we only had one color -green. 😁

Thank you. 

Anyone see the movie “The Great Santini?”  Bull Meachum played by Duvall could’ve been written about my father who was also a Vietnam Marine F-4 pilot and a complete prick. So when I graduated UPT and went on to F-16’s it was a nice fuck you. 

Edited by contrails

My best memories of my pre-teen years are of the freedom that I and my friends had to wander the fields and woods near my home.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:14 AM, Bit Banger said:

Well, we only had one color -green. 😁

Thank you. 

The earning of that green beret was something special.  Not everyone who tried for it received it.

I did my basic at Ft. Campbell, home of the 101st Airborne Division. All of my DI's were 101st Airborne and they were ball breakers.

In 1969, it was a badge of honor to wear the patch and beret.