Marilyn Desire

Parking am I wrong?

37 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Happymon said:

Raincoat, ballcap, Groucho glasses and mustache. There are cameras everywhere these days. 

Nor that as much as having my vehicle recognized by someone I know and them asking about it.

Marilyn, you did no wrong. You were more than accommodating and in fact, probably went above and beyond. Many years ago, before smart phones and Google maps, I had to use a Mapquest printout to try and find a provider. Unfortunately, one of the many instances Mapquest did me wrong and I got lost. I called the provider and she lived in an obscure complex with an apartment in the back of the complex.  Had to call her many times because her directions weren’t the clearest. She got very exasperated and finally gave me clear directions. I finally arrived at her place and she ended up berating me for my poor understanding of directions. I tried explaining but it did no good. Needless to say the session wasn’t the best. 

On 8/13/2021 at 7:24 PM, mustang said:

Nor that as much as having my vehicle recognized by someone I know and them asking about it.

That would be a tough one to explain

On 8/12/2021 at 8:04 PM, sb1212 said:

Troll......

Only on days that end in Y.

If all the info was included in the story, you did nothing wrong and I would put the blame on the hobbyist in this case.  It's very common to be given even just an intersection near your location to "stage" at so you are nearby and can be given the specific address once the provider is ready for you.  Again, you handled things fine in my opinion. 

On 8/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, ilovewomen said:

I understand not wanting different cars coming and going and parking right in front of an incall. However I would not want to have to walk 2 blocks after parking to get to an incall….especially in rain or snow.

But we do what we have to do if we really want to see someone. 10+ years ago I used to visit a lady whenever I was in Chicago and parking on her street was impossible so I would wind up parking a block or two away.

It really helps us guys if we can get clear, concise directions and an actual address.

Many, many years ago, I had an appointment with a lady and it was the standard 2 call system. When I made the second call, her instructions to her incall was: Come down the street 6 blocks and you will see a garage door open. Pull into the garage and stay in your car until I close the garage door.

I drove down the street 6 blocks, saw an open garage door and pulled into the garage. I sat there for a maybe 5 minutes and started feeling uneasy. I backed out of the garage and drive to the end of the block and she called me and asked where I was. I told her I pulled into the open garage and waited. I also told her when she didn’t close the garage door. I got uneasy and decided to pull out and call her.

She asked what hundred block I was at and after I told her, she told me I needed to come up one more block. Turns out she miss counted how many blocks I needed to come to. I did make the appointment, but never returned because I had a hard time enjoying myself.

I got lucky pulling into the wrong garage. It could have turned out bad if the resident called the police.

This is why I say clear concise directions and an address helps us guys.

Ummmm yeah, that could have gone hooribly wrong.  I would never park inside someone's garage at a single family residence, you're stuck there if anything were to go wrong. 

Marilyn, your directions are fine, simple, and clear (having navigated them myself). To paraphrase the bard, "The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars but in ourselves that we are dumbass-assholes."