Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gr8owl

A sad farewell to Dusty Hill

20 posts in this topic

ZZ Top's Dusty Hill dies at age 72

Amazing talent in the little three piece band from Texas.

I was shocked to hear of his passing.

I'm currently listening to KRFX 103.5 the Fox and Rick Lewis and he is doing a tribute to Dusty.

They are playing a lot of obscure songs and old recordings that we never get a chance to hear.

RIP Dusty.

Yep.  A sad day with his death.  I once had a co-worker who looked just like Dusty Hill...and his nickname (purposefully) was Dusty.  He won the "look-a-like" contest they ran in Denver in the early 90's and got to spend time with ZZ Top and Dusty Hill.  He had some great pictures.  It is loss for Texas and the rock community.

My brother gave me Fandango when I was 14 in 1975. Got hooked from there. 
I still have that album!

I bet this is the end of ZZ Top.

Yeah...I was so sad to hear about his passing. Loved ZZ Top, the world won't be the same without him. Prayers to his friends and family. A sad day for sure! 

14 hours ago, average1 said:

Yep.  A sad day with his death.  I once had a co-worker who looked just like Dusty Hill...and his nickname (purposefully) was Dusty.  He won the "look-a-like" contest they ran in Denver in the early 90's and got to spend time with ZZ Top and Dusty Hill.  He had some great pictures.  It is loss for Texas and the rock community.

That's really cool!

15 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I'm currently listening to KRFX 103.5 the Fox and Rick Lewis and he is doing a tribute to Dusty.

They are playing a lot of obscure songs and old recordings that we never get a chance to hear.

RIP Dusty.

I've heard all of those old songs. Have every ZZ Top album in my collection and am a big fan. Glad you got "exposed" to some of the stuff that didn't make the "top 40" SUCH a great band......Dusty was such a great bassist, played it like a lead guitar for sure.

5 hours ago, Seeker5280 said:

I still have that album!

Yes, it will be unfortunately. Makes me sad.

On 7/28/2021 at 5:57 PM, gr8owl said:

ZZ Top's Dusty Hill dies at age 72

Amazing talent in the little three piece band from Texas.

All I can say Is "damn it"

Like losing an old friend, I'm so sad.....

14 hours ago, Seeker5280 said:

I still have that album!

KRFX is saying that Dusty, Billy and Frank discussed last Friday that the show had to go on, even if Dusty couldn't continue.  Apparently it was reported last week that Dusty would be out with a hip issue.

KRFX is also saying that Billy and Frank will be playing a scheduled concert this weekend.

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

I've heard all of those old songs. Have every ZZ Top album in my collection and am a big fan. Glad you got "exposed" to some of the stuff that didn't make the "top 40" SUCH a great band......Dusty was such a great bassist, played it like a lead guitar for sure.

ZZ Top was founded the year I graduated High School and went into the Army (1969).

I loved their sound from the beginning.

I also heard Gladys Knight and the Pips for the first time that same year at Ft. Campbell, KY while I was in basic training.

11 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

KRFX is saying that Dusty, Billy and Frank discussed last Friday that the show had to go on, even if Dusty couldn't continue. ...

Upcoming events, This may be the case Aug. 24th fiddlersgreenamp.com/events/detail/405859

ZZ TOP went 51 years with the same lineup, that's very rare. RIP Dusty Hill.Playrd your music daily.

Rest in peace the legendary ZZTOP and Texan guitarist, Dusty Hill. We always loved watching him on stage. With ZZ Top associated with Houston, they understood the importance of Rodeo and always performed with a high level of creative energy.

I just saw ZZTop last night here in Palm Springs .. just as good  as ever !! My Twitter has some Videos