Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maclovin

Of People. And Sheep.

11 posts in this topic

I just had the occasion to spend a few days in the Front Range. My overall take? There are a lot of people there, and I made that comment to the few that I met.

In another lifetime I lived in DC and commuted regularly to the Front Range for business. Now that we live in rural CO, the people and traffic in cities are profound.

As I was on a county road on the trip home, within a few miles of our house in SW CO, oncoming vehicles kept flashing their brights at me. I rounded a corner and this is what greeted me. Thousands of them. This portal would not allow the video to upload so I just grabbed a screen shot.

A perfect contrast between Front Range and the Other Colorado.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-26-at-9-14-28-AM.png

Is it true, what they say about country guys and sheep?  Would this be considered a pinup out there?

love the fresh air and peaceful living on the western slope! 

4 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Is it true, what they say about country guys and sheep?  Would this be considered a pinup out there?

Ewe are funny. Maybe for some. But not my jam.

21 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

love the fresh air and peaceful living on the western slope! 

Definitely noticed the air quality. However it was nice to just walk into an apple store while in Boulder!

1 hour ago, Maclovin said:

Definitely noticed the air quality. However it was nice to just walk into an apple store while in Boulder!

For me when I travel west to visit my college friends or my Son’s family, it is right when I decline and go down the hill before reaching the outskirts of Boina Vista. My memory of fresh air kicks in around that point. 🌬🐽

14 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

For me when I travel west to visit my college friends or my Son’s family, it is right when I decline and go down the hill before reaching the outskirts of Boina Vista. My memory of fresh air kicks in around that point. 🌬🐽

Although, right now I doubt anyone can smell fresh air with the forest fires 🔥😩

Thank goodness for central air and air purifiers! Modern luxuries that make it easier to breathe sure help us all. 

The smell of a burning forest was strong over here in the west side last night.

I would offer that there are far more sheep in the metro areas than there are people.

Yes the fresh air is great. I like the silence of the country. Just the wind in most cases or an overhead jetliner. No close neighbors. No home owner associations or the local building inspector telling you what you can do to your property. Drawbacks are living from the necessities of life.  There are no large grocery chains,  big box retail, etc. Like they say. If you pray for rain, you have to deal with the mud.

22 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

The smell of a burning forest was strong over here in the west side last night.

Same on the east side.  I almost wondered if there was an apartment fire in the area...but there wasn't.  It was just the smoke and smell from the fires.  I am hoping for some real rain...a nice soaker.