Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex Majors

Hotels/Motels

7 posts in this topic

Well we have all done it at least once. Booked a room.  So what do you look for when choosing a place. Location that is close for you?,   Location that is easy to get to off the hiway?, Nice area?, One in a city that isn't known for cracking down on hobbyists?, Complimentary Breakfast?,  Price?, Newness of the building?, Amenities like hut tubs, pools, weight rooms?, Room Service?, Proximity of other restaurants/bars?,  Reward Points?,   Places you can avoid the lobby? , Multiple floors as opposed to say 4 and under. Or do you just mix it up to avoid repeating a lot? Chime in everyone. I know the ladies do this more than us guys.

I have one that I like. It  is in an easy location off the interstate. Mid range in price. Big chain  and 5 floors. Free breakfast. Nice area with close restaurants ( there is no room service). It has a pool & weight room. They offer reward  points. 

I like quick trips, so I prefer hotels I can get early checkins and late checkouts. Less days booked, so I can hit the road.  My pup Luna and I are inseparable, so it has to be pet friendly.  Friendly staff is a MUST for repeat business.  

Area always be my first pick 

I stay with the big chains hotels , They are busy all the time so I get unnoticed LOL 

Right Off The Freeway or with in 2-3 blocks & Parking for guest easy in and out 

Bar and Food  as I mostly eat at the hotel & get my points 

5-10 floors

King bed nicer rooms / price 

. Free breakfast

I can get late check out if need 

I have a really great private location in town. If touring, I look for someplace that is comfortable clean, duscrete, and safe. There’s a lot of attributes to discrete and safe, which I won’t specifically expound upon here.😉💋

Edited by Audrey Astor

I used to book my stays at a 4-5 star chain that offered reward points. However, they were bought out by another chain that is known to crack down on hobbyists. That made me wonder if I should continue to use them. It makes it hard to make a decision since I always liked their service. I’m not sure whether or not this paranoia is justified. Oh well, since I won’t be booking any stays until I’m sure there’s an effective vaccine out there, I’ll have plenty of time to decide.

On 9/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, lustybustygina said:

Area always be my first pick 

I stay with the big chains hotels , They are busy all the time so I get unnoticed LOL 

Right Off The Freeway or with in 2-3 blocks & Parking for guest easy in and out 

Bar and Food  as I mostly eat at the hotel & get my points 

5-10 floors

King bed nicer rooms / price 

. Free breakfast

I can get late check out if need 

I seriuously doubt that you "get unnoticed....". 😁

On 25/09/2020 at 8:58 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

I like quick trips, so I prefer hotels I can get early checkins and late checkouts. Less days booked, so I can hit the road.  My pup Luna and I are inseparable, so it has to be pet friendly.  Friendly staff is a MUST for repeat business.  

Agreed! Staff must be friendly in this business.