Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilovewomen

R.I.P. Notorious RBG

6 posts in this topic

She will be missed. My granddaughters and their daughters will know her name.😞

On 9/20/2020 at 10:47 PM, tide32 said:

She will be missed. My granddaughters and their daughters will know her name.😞

As they should.  While I disagree with many of her positions, her fight for women’s rights was both significant and correct.

She sure made her self heard,  for such a person of small stature. I tip my hat to her for that.  My only issue was when she spoke outside the courthouse to express her views on political things. We have a freedom of speach in this country. Everyone has that right, even her. I do think as a Justice of the highest court in the land, you shouldn't voice things in public. You should be neutral. A fair and impartial judge is best for everyone's benefit.

11 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

She sure made her self heard,  for such a person of small stature. I tip my hat to her for that.  My only issue was when she spoke outside the courthouse to express her views on political things. We have a freedom of speach in this country. Everyone has that right, even her. I do think as a Justice of the highest court in the land, you shouldn't voice things in public. You should be neutral. A fair and impartial judge is best for everyone's benefit.

I disagree. EVERYONE in this country has the right of free speech. Whether you are a truck driver, desk jockey, the President, or a Supreme Court Justice, you should be free to speak your mind without fear. No one has to agree with you, but your right to speak should never be stifled. 

If a judge or justice makes rulings, based on laws, I can't complain when they speak out about those same laws.